Tom Dienhart: Is it time for Big Ten to start getting afraid of Michigan?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dienhart

The Wolverines’ 31-0 domination of BYU was impressive and complete in every way imaginable. It’s difficult to envision Michigan playing much better this season. This was a BYU squad that was ranked No. 22 and was battle-tested, winning at Nebraska and vs. No. 20 Boise State before falling by one point at No. 10 UCLA last week. But the Cougars looked like a FCS team today in Ann Arbor, suffering their first shutout in 143 games dating back 12 years to 2003.

“Our team started fast, both offensively and defensively, scoring on five straight drives and four three-and-outs by the defense,” Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said. “It was a heck of a job by the defense, a great shutout and to only give up 105 yards, I haven’t been a part of one of those, so great effort by all of our defensive players and coaches.”

Now hear this: The Big Ten title will go through Ann Arbor. The No. 2 Spartans come to Michigan on Oct. 17. And in the season-finale on Nov. 28, No. 1 Ohio State comes to town.

Are you thinking what I am thinking? That’s right, the Wolverines could have a good shot to beat one of those two teams. Heck, maybe Michigan will beat them both and win the Big Ten East. Hey, now is the time to dream big. After today’s annihilation of BYU, anything seems possible for the Wolverines.

http://btn.com/2015/09/26/dienhart-is-it-time-for-the-big-ten-to-start-getting-afraid-of-michigan/

Go Gophers!!

BYU isn't as good as their ranking IMO.... Michigan will still be up and down.... but yeah Michigan is progressing quickly.

BYU isn't as good as their ranking IMO.... Michigan will still be up and down.... but yeah Michigan is progressing quickly.

BYU won 2 games they really had lost. They weren't that good.

Michigan needs to prove it. Beating Maryland, Rutgers and Indiana doesn't count.

They looked very good today. That's because Rudock looked good today. They will go as he goes all year. If they get that kind of QB play all year, they could be a legit contender for the overall B1G.

Rudock aside, with that defense and running game, Michigan is back.

I'm pretty sure Michigan is pretty good...say for instance better than Wisconsin and Iowa if we are talking trophy games? Michigan has one loss at Utah, by a touchdown with what was 3 interceptions?
Utah demolished Oregon on the road today 62 to 20. Michigan will continue to improve.

I'm pretty sure Michigan is pretty good...say for instance better than Wisconsin and Iowa if we are talking trophy games? Michigan has one loss at Utah, by a touchdown with what was 3 interceptions?
Utah demolished Oregon on the road today 62 to 20. Michigan will continue to improve.

This. I have no idea how good Michigan is. I thought they'd struggle to make a bowl game. I was clearly wrong. Utah is making MI look better every week.

A better question is, is it time for BTN to actually start watching Minnesota's games? On the Final Drive all they talked about how our offense was a problem and we are too one-dimensional. This was AFTER the Ohio game where our offense carried us. We're also dead last in the conference in rushing yards per game. To start the season this hasn't been the same old Gophers. Our rush offense needs to get better and our passing game has shown a lot of improvement.

This is two weeks after their comments about the CSU game saying how great Leidner was, when in reality he was pretty bad up until the last drive.

Michigan will beat tOSU or MSU. That's my prediction.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Michigan will probably win 7-10 games this year. Good for them.

I'll believe if they beat Maryland this week. Wouldn't be surprised by a Maryland win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maryland is awful. They'll kill the Terps. The Northwestern game is the one that should tell us a lot more about Michigan. A "like" opponent, and a lead-in to their game vs. Michigan State.

Michigan is turning into a beast resembling the old Stanford. They are nothing like the team the Gophers beat in Ann Arbor last year, including at QB.

Top Bottom