Tollackson Stepping Down

So - will they replace ST on the broadcast, or would Grimm go solo?

let's speculate - who would you want to see as the new color man (or color person) for Gopher hoops?

it's easy to throw out names, but they would have to be willing to take on the travel - which is only going to increase with a bigger and more geographically-diverse conference.

That's too bad; I really like Spencer on the broadcasts.

I would imagine having a "real job" and doing this as well has to be really hard. It's got to be tough to come back really late from a pounding in East Lansing on a Wednesday night and go to work the next day.

Man Spencer had the misfoturne of calling an absolutely miserable stretch of Gopher Basketball. There doesn't seem to be an obvious replacement in regards to a former Gopher player of recent vintage. Damian would seem like a great option, but obviously couldn't do it with his coaching commitments.

I would like someone that is willing to call out the play when it's unacceptable as it has been many times over the past 4 years. Grimm is just rarely, if ever, going to do it so the color guy needs to IMHO.

worst part of doing color with Grimm would be listening to Grimm complain about the officiating non-stop. Tollackson was even joking about that when he talked to Barreiro on Tuesday.

as noted, if they have a color person, it has to be someone who is
1. available
2. has basketball knowledge
3. willing to travel

if you want it to be an ex-Gopher, that also narrows the field of available candidates.

I know Lynch has done some limited work for the Wolves on TV, but he has mainly done studio shows - pre-game, halftime, etc. don't know if he has a 'day job.'

here's an off-the-wall candidate: Richard Coffey. no idea if he'd be interested.

So - will they replace ST on the broadcast, or would Grimm go solo?

let's speculate - who would you want to see as the new color man (or color person) for Gopher hoops?

it's easy to throw out names, but they would have to be willing to take on the travel - which is only going to increase with a bigger and more geographically-diverse conference.

Job opening at the U? Only one answer:

Tony Dungy

Last edited:

worst part of doing color with Grimm would be listening to Grimm complain about the officiating non-stop. Tollackson was even joking about that when he talked to Barreiro on Tuesday.

as noted, if they have a color person, it has to be someone who is
1. available
2. has basketball knowledge
3. willing to travel

if you want it to be an ex-Gopher, that also narrows the field of available candidates.

I know Lynch has done some limited work for the Wolves on TV, but he has mainly done studio shows - pre-game, halftime, etc. don't know if he has a 'day job.'

here's an off-the-wall candidate: Richard Coffey. no idea if he'd be interested.
Come on; nobody did it better than Ray. You could tune in to listen to Gopher basketball or football and know fairly quickly if the Gophers were ahead or behind just by the tone of Ray's voice. And he would never hesitate to complain about the officials.

Come on; nobody did it better than Ray. You could tune in to listen to Gopher basketball or football and know fairly quickly if the Gophers were ahead or behind just by the tone of Ray's voice. And he would never hesitate to complain about the officials.
I think he cried on air during the win at Columbus.

Did Dick Enroth have any grandchildren?

Bryce Webster, Russ Archambault or Drew Peterson.

Love Trent as a former player and Gopher bobo, but he is difficult to listen to with his halting language.
If you listen to him on his Saturday morning show. All anyone ever has to do is play harder and be more committed. They just have to play better as a team. So and so just has to pick it up and play better.

Per Shooter:

— It looks like ex-Gophers guard Andre Hollins is a leading candidate to replace Spencer Tollackson as Gophers men’s radio analyst.

Go Gophers!!

Andre would be great. Articulate, charming. It may take him a while to get in a groove with Grimm.

So - to the best of my recollection - Andre Hollins was a graduate manager for Gopher Men's hoops last year while working on his MBA in the Carlson School of Management.

the question is what he wants to do - get into coaching, go into business or what? He's also engaged to Lynx guard Rachel Banham.

he's probably be good on the radio - the question is whether he wants to.

Top Bottom