Tobi Okuyemi takes second unofficial visit to Nebraska

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from BigRedReport.com:

It’s always a good sign when you can host a player for two unofficial visits before the season comes around and that is exactly what happened with Tobi Okuyemi and Nebraska. The Huskers were able to bring the 6-foot-3 and 250-pound defensive end from Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata. How did Nebraska look the second time around to Okuyemi?

Nebraska is making quite an impression on Plymouth (Minn.) Wayzata DE, Tobi Okuyemi, who is now up to 6-foot-3 and 250-pounds. Okuyemi was in Lincoln for junior day on Friday.
“I was down in Lincoln for one of their senior days or junior days or whatever,” Okuyemi said. “That was my second time there. I have traveled to other schools twice so I wanted to give Nebraska another go.

“I really like their facilities at Nebraska and the coaching staff. We have a connection, Coach J.P. (John Papuchis) and me. I spoke to him and Coach Barney Cotton a lot while I was there.”

There were some things that Okuyemi got a chance to do this trip that he wasn’t able to around the spring game. Mostly because the coaches last time were busy coaching.

“This trip down I really had a good chance to sit down and talk with Coach J.P. about defensive schemes, where they see me fitting in, technique and talk about their style of defense. I can really see myself fitting in.

“I really didn’t have an agenda or have anything that I wanted to see exactly on this trip down to Nebraska. I wanted to get another feel for everything there at Nebraska.”

Okuyemi doesn’t have a list of favorites and doesn’t know when he will have one. He would like to trim his list to five and said that Nebraska will be part of that list.

“It’s hard to say. I haven’t really thought about making a list right now, but I will some time soon. I would say Nebraska would be part of a top five though.”

There was also talk of setting up a third trip to Nebraska this fall for Okuyemi. This would be an official visit though, but Okuyemi doesn’t have one set up yet.

“We started talking about that a little bit, but we didn’t set one up yet. Hopefully I can get one to Nebraska set up here pretty soon.

“I will take an official to Nebraska for sure. Michigan State will get an official visit, but I am not sure about the rest of the schools I want to visit.”

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=884169

Go Gophers!!

If not the U, better a B12 school than a B10 border rival.

I am hearing that he is down on the Big 10 and wants nothing to do with it

I also heard he has a tire in his belly...didn't work too hard in the off season, though if he gets back to what he was last year i want him...he was a beast, and can be again if he gets his butt in gear.

I don't know if I would say that because from what I have read he stated he is most likely going to take officials to Nebraska, Wisconsin, Michigan State, with his last two official visits undecided but is planning an unofficial to Notre Dame and is getting correspondence now but no offer from Tennessee as well at this point.

Two unofficial visits to Nebraska is considered politicking?

I agree, you don't drive 14 total hours round trip twice on your own dime for mere politicking. I wonder what they have to say down there to a recruit about Cosgrove when a recruit comes through that is being recruited by both schools.

Top Bottom