Time to think outside the box

It's on YouTube:

Gunn at age 58 benching 150-lb dumbbells...max at the gym...so he puts 30-pounders on top across.

Within the very first minute...Warrior says, LOUDLY, that guys who watch others do sports are completely pathetic...and are several other derogatory things...and he says he hates to be around guys like that.
What the heck is the point of that? By that logic, practically any form of entertainment is pathetic. Why would anyone watch anyone do anything as opposed to doing it themselves?

What the heck is the point of that? By that logic, practically any form of entertainment is pathetic. Why would anyone watch anyone do anything as opposed to doing it themselves?
I have a friend who is always asking if I saw the game yesterday and my answer, “Naw, I missed it. I was out playing hoops, water skiing, had a softball game, was working out” ect. He has a hard time believing I would miss the big national championship game or World Series game. My answer is always “Me actually playing or doing something I enjoy will always trump me watching somebody else playing or doing something I enjoy.” He thinks I’m a terrible sports fan.

What about a lawsuit?

Alleging FRAUD. Improper use of the term 'student'. Improper use of school logos on non-students. Alleging that students shouldn't be paid and fought over. Arguing that no professional/paid minor-league teams generate money or are even on television.

What about a lawsuit?

Alleging FRAUD. Improper use of the term 'student'. Improper use of school logos on non-students. Alleging that students shouldn't be paid and fought over. Arguing that no professional/paid minor-league teams generate money or are even on television.
Did someone start paying you by the post?

Hey this is a good one.

Coyle convinces the administration to authorize a $4M salary for the next head coach.

But instead of hiring the coach...we decide to go with a team of assistants only. And we add the $4M to our current $1M team salary.

Probably right. We'd go ask the NCAA for permission first, ya know if it wasn't too much trouble because we don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Step 1: Hang the damn banner back up. Stop being chumps.
Agree with hanging all banners that were removed from "Clem-gate" They were removed to placate the UofM administration and the NCAA for their "rule violations". If Reggie Bush can get his Heisman Trophy back for NCAA rule violations the UofM should get some cahonas and re-hang the banners. Then block all NCAA emails as spam.

I have a friend who is always asking if I saw the game yesterday and my answer, “Naw, I missed it. I was out playing hoops, water skiing, had a softball game, was working out” ect. He has a hard time believing I would miss the big national championship game or World Series game. My answer is always “Me actually playing or doing something I enjoy will always trump me watching somebody else playing or doing something I enjoy.” He thinks I’m a terrible sports fan.
Similar situation to mine.

I miss a lot of live sports because I’m doing cocaine with hookers, and my wife thinks I’m a terrible sports fan.

look - we all understand the situation - or the problem.

other schools have more wealthy people who are willing to help bankroll athletic programs.

It's really a cultural thing. the Southern states have long traditions of boosters who are willing to pay to help their favorite sports teams.

SMU reportedly raised $100-Million from a group of 30 boosters as part of SMU's move to the ACC. that's an average of $3.3-million per booster.

SMU can find 30 people to give at that level. MN can't find one person to give to sports at that level.

If the rumors are true that our NIL is hurting, or simply to bolster the funds, I have a proposal.

Hire me as Director of Player Retention. Pay me a salary of $10-$15M per year. I'll take a 3% commission (after taxes), and the rest I donate to DTA. This will help transfer the money from the lucrative TV contracts back into the players through "NIL". I don't really care the amount. Need more for DTA? Up my salary to $20-$25M.

F the NCAA. Stop playing by whatever loosely defined rules there are still left. Nobody else is.

Until players are under contract and are employees of the school, there has to be a way to get the revenue from the media contracts into the collectives. I would be the broker. Or if the school doesn't like one person getting it, hire an entire team of people and we all donate 97% of our salary to DTA.
Pretty sure you couldn't do that while in that because you'd be considered school personnel.

Top Bottom