Time to Tank...

alaska

Reaction score
Time for Goldy to lose so we can get a better draft pick.....oh wait...

What am I missing? other teams can play freshman and they seem to step in and be productive. Our defense looks like a Jr. High Squad. Don't get me start on Sanford. We have a top QB and WR package in the nation and we throw the ball 15 times in total.

Recruiting and coordinators make for success. Too bad Claeys would never come back as DC. For a short Camelot period, after decades of poor defense (especially pass defense) Kill and Claeys made MN one of the best defensive teams in the nation, but never developed a passing game to go with a solid running game.

Recruiting and coordinators make for success. Too bad Claeys would never come back as DC. For a short Camelot period, after decades of poor defense (especially pass defense) Kill and Claeys made MN one of the best defensive teams in the nation, but never developed a passing game to go with a solid running game.
There is not any metric that Kill ever made us one of the best defensive teams in the nation, not even for one year.

Has been the curse of Minnesota Football for years....can't ever seem to get the offense and defense in sync. 2019 was the one rare exception where both came together at the same time and we all saw what happened.

Hopefully Fleck is able to prove he can be the coach that can recruit both offense and defense here. Unfortunately it looks like the defensive players they have brought in to this point aren't quite ready for prime time. Has been pointed out that some of what we are dealing with right now is the attrition from 2017 and 2018 while Fleck was still getting established.

For the team to get where we want it to though they are going to have to find players on D that can match the upgraded talent on the Offense.

I too long for the days where 8-5 or 9-4 was considered a success

Don't know about "metrics", but if I apply the eye test Kill/Claeys' defenses tackled and covered a lot better than this one.

I think Fleck may have avoided throwing more because he wanted to keep our defense off the field. They were hapless.

The defense has major uncorrectable issues. The offense was supposed to carry the team but the OC appears to be in over his head.

The defense has major uncorrectable issues. The offense was supposed to carry the team but the OC appears to be in over his head.

The part about the OC is either way too harsh or downright laughable.

The offense had 451 yards and scored 44 points; would have been at least 45 if we were capable of kicking an extra point.

Meanwhile, the defense gave up 675 yards and 45 points to a mediocre Maryland team.

If only they had thrown to the tight ends more... (sarcasm).

Well, some of the 2017 class was Claeys recruits. So let's be fair.

You may after this season.
The season after we went 8-5 and lost to Missouri in capital one bowl, we went 2-6 in conference.

We could go 0-8 this year and I wouldn’t long for the last regime.

Time for people to move on. Kill and Claeys are gone and they aren’t coming back.

Top Bottom