Time to flip the switch and drain the tub

There are only two opinions that matter though, president Kaler and the athletic director. Same as those people who wanted Gardy fired didn't get their way, no matter how many of them there are.

So, popular opinion should be ignored because they are the powers in charge! Apparently, you haven't received word yet of the new power of the internet in changing business practices via petition drives and the like. Do you think the Arab spring and protests in Moscow are just the usual business. Nope. They are a result of watching our country change in how we communicate our wants and desires. When people get BoA to drop excess fees for service because tens of thousand of customer signatures on a petition dropped on their door step from their customers, people take note. We live in an age of voices demanding change and succeeding in influencing that change.

If we did the same thing here, Kaler should definitely take note. If over 2000 people volunteered their opinion on the Star Tribune website, that is a significant number of Minnesotans asking for a change.

The difference between now and yesterday is people use the internet before they make a purchase. They snoop around and see what is good and what is not. If the b-ball sucks at Minnie, they won't buy. Only the die hard faithful will be showing up to games soon and that is not enough to be a successful program. There should be a waiting list to buy tickets, and that my friend, is not the current situation. Not by a very long stretch of the imagination.

And, if you don't think recruits visit the Star Tribune, KFAN, GopherHole and the like, you would be wrong. And, if we weren't acting like we are toward Coach Smith, they would wonder why we were so apathetic, which is worse for the program than being negative because we demand higher standards. That is the difference between yesterdays leadership model and today.

Dean S said:
So, popular opinion should be ignored because they are the powers in charge! Apparently, you haven't received word yet of the new power of the internet in changing business practices via petition drives and the like. Do you think the Arab spring and protests in Moscow are just the usual business. Nope. They are a result of watching our country change in how we communicate our wants and desires. When people get BoA to drop excess fees for service because tens of thousand of customer signatures on a petition dropped on their door step from their customers, people take note. We live in an age of voices demanding change and succeeding in influencing that change.

If we did the same thing here, Kaler should definitely take note. If over 2000 people volunteered their opinion on the Star Tribune website, that is a significant number of Minnesotans asking for a change.

The difference between now and yesterday is people use the internet before they make a purchase. They snoop around and see what is good and what is not. If the b-ball sucks at Minnie, they won't buy. Only the die hard faithful will be showing up to games soon and that is not enough to be a successful program. There should be a waiting list to buy tickets, and that my friend, is not the current situation. Not by a very long stretch of the imagination.

And, if you don't think recruits visit the Star Tribune, KFAN, GopherHole and the like, you would be wrong. And, if we weren't acting like we are toward Coach Smith, they would wonder why we were so apathetic, which is worse for the program than being negative because we demand higher standards. That is the difference between yesterdays leadership model and today.

I didn't say fans can't voice their opinion and that may result in an outcome. But if 100% of fans vote Tubby should be fired, but Kaler thinks he should be coach for life, which opinion has the power? Could Kaler change his opinion due to fans opinion, sure, but it is still only his opinion that matters in the end as he is the only one who can make a move.

Yes it is. Gopher basketball fans have long been recognized as a small but loyal and knowledgeable group. We don't need an anonymous board to tell us the direction the program, we've been through difficult times before and hard as it is at times we stay loyal fans. We don't need the crowd generated by the internet which judges the program game by game. No, we don't accept mediocrity and are not thrilled with the results the past year. As far as I can tell the Gopher faithful are giving it one more year because we have a talented, experienced, and well balanced group coming back.

i love these racist Tubby haters from UK. Tubby was as successful as any UK Coach. Calipari, while he is winning right now has less NCAA titles than Tubby and even if he wins one they'll be equal. To me that's the bottom line. Pitino, Hall and Tubby have the same number of Titles 1. Joe B couldn't win a title with 8 Mcdonalds All Americans in 1984. No other coach had that much talent but somehow Tubby is the worst coach in UK history.

Hey FOT, to even say he was a s successful as any coach at KY is blasphamy. Total fantasy. NC's is the sole measure of a coach. How the heck did Dennis Erickson ever get fired at ASU? How did Brian Billick ever get fired at Baltimore? How did final four Lick ever lose his job at Iowa? The above FACTS about Tubby are not racist, they are factual. Which ones are incorrect? Tubby was driven out of KY for one reason....bringing the caliber of the program to a new low. That's a fact.

Yes it is. Gopher basketball fans have long been recognized as a small but loyal and knowledgeable group. We don't need an anonymous board to tell us the direction the program, we've been through difficult times before and hard as it is at times we stay loyal fans. We don't need the crowd generated by the internet which judges the program game by game. No, we don't accept mediocrity and are not thrilled with the results the past year. As far as I can tell the Gopher faithful are giving it one more year because we have a talented, experienced, and well balanced group coming back.

Self-proclaimed loyal and knowledgeable group huh? Well anyone thinking this is a young talented group better rely on self proclamation because it lokks like they know nothing from the outside. This team is more like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Go ahead, keep Tubby, kiss the best MN group of recruits ever in 2014 goodbye.

Yuck, do you write for Hallmark?

Really bored at work visiting different boards, mainly SEC, especially UK boards. I saw this and though of your post. Yes, there is some malice there. Is that malice deserved, you be the judge.

http://forums.kentucky.com/?q=node/13503
Well, the JohnElder certainly has strong feelings about Tubby! I am not the one to make judgments on what or what isn't deserved. It is interesting isn't it...how losing sports programs are viewed not as a failure of effort, but more a transgression; a personal affront. I suppose it's all about the expectations. Go figure.

Self-proclaimed loyal and knowledgeable group huh? Well anyone thinking this is a young talented group better rely on self proclamation because it lokks like they know nothing from the outside. This team is more like the gang that couldn't shoot straight. Go ahead, keep Tubby, kiss the best MN group of recruits ever in 2014 goodbye.

Nice to hear from you! My computer filters out idiots so we never get a chance to converse. Did you see the thread about the 6th and 7th graders from Apple Valley? Any chance they come to the U? You're classmates right?

Nice to hear from you! My computer filters out idiots so we never get a chance to converse. Did you see the thread about the 6th and 7th graders from Apple Valley? Any chance they come to the U? You're classmates right?

I've been watching Gopher basketball probably longer than you. I bet I am more right about these recruits than you are about the future of this young and talented team. Seriously, would you come and play in this offense if you were a pg?

Tubbys lack of success here boils down to signed players not sticking around, getting kicked out and trevors injury. It is to soon to say these issues are chronic to tubby smiths coaching coaching/recruiting style. I think Tubby needs to get more more skin in the if he gets an extension. Less guaranteed $$$ more pay for performance/incentives. If Tubby balks cut him Loose. He deserved a sweet deal coming in here now its time for tubby to assume some risk. THE SCOUT!

Tubby's lack of success here boils down to INABILITY.

Top Bottom