Time passages...How is Al?

Reaction score
So it's been less than a week since his foot operation and time passes slowly even though the games keep coming. Any word on Al and his rehab? We did hear the operation went well. ??

He tweeted something about his foot looking like a cartoon one that had just been hit with a hammer. I have no idea if that's good or bad. Probably just expected?

Times Passages - Al

love the Al Stewart reference. If only he had recorded "Year of the Gopher"

Everyone heals differently so you never say never but not alot of confidence that Al will play again. If he does rush back for the tournament, doubt he will be able to play close to the speed we are used to seeing him at.

Johnny

Everyone heals differently so you never say never but not alot of confidence that Al will play again. If he does rush back for the tournament, doubt he will be able to play close to the speed we are used to seeing him at.

Any update on Mo's surgery?

I hope it went well.

If he can be 90% and can play w/out a huge risk of re-injury, I say go for it and let him play in the tourney. If he can bring the ball up the floor pretty good, and let Blake be Blake, then that's all we can ask for. I'll take it.

love the Al Stewart reference. If only he had recorded "Year of the Gopher"

Yep. What a great song.

It was late in December
The sky turned to snow
All round the day was going down slow
Night like a river beginning to flow
I felt the beat of my mind
Go drifting into time passages
Years go falling in the fading light
Time passages
Buy me a ticket on the last train home tonight

As for Year of the Cat becoming Year of the Gopher, all ya have to do is swap out one word:

On a morning from a Bogart movie
In a country where they turn back time
You go strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre
Contemplating a crime
She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running
Like a watercolor in the rain
Don't bother asking for explanations
She'll just tell you that she came
In the year of the
GOPHER

There. That little problem solved, just like that! :p

even Al thinks he wont be back so...this is our team for the rest of the season. Hope you all appreciated his game while it lasted.

Care to share how you know this? Details please...Thanks.

look on his twitter. multiple tweets like "That was probably my last game" "thanks i appreciate it, my career is over but.." so on and so forth

Also could be him being modest and expecting the worse...it's better to expect to not play again (as a Gopher) and then play, than to expect to play again and not play...if that makes sense

Everyone is different. From what I have read it can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks. I don't expect him back (just my own feeling) but you never know. It would be huge to have him back, but most important thing is going to be his personal health and making sure he will be okay in the long run.

Top Bottom