Tim Miles podcast w/ RP

Miles is making the rounds with guys he likes and knows with this pod. I've enjoyed them so far. Shares some stories that you don't get to hear. Won't learn a ton of basketball from it.

Yeah, i get frustrated with these interviews for their lack of bb content. Even this week's pitino session with justin gaard and mike grimm was in this vein. Half the hour was spent on gopher basketball and then the other half hour on the pandemic and justin's and richard's kids.

Yeah, i get frustrated with these interviews for their lack of bb content. Even this week's pitino session with justin gaard and mike grimm was in this vein. Half the hour was spent on gopher basketball and then the other half hour on the pandemic and justin's and richard's kids.

Yeah if you really want to hear great basketball conversations, you gotta go youtube clinics or find some other bball pods like basketball immersion. The others tend to be analysis or entertainment focused. I do good with them because that's what I expect going in.

Yeah, hearing Pitino tell us about his zone-breaking offense or roster management is simply spell-binding. Count me in the group that is much more captivated with the non-basketball talk that actually makes these guys sound like human beings. I love stories that we don't get to hear. The Fran McCaffery story Miles got him to tell about his fight with Bo Ryan was excellent.

Yeah, hearing Pitino tell us about his zone-breaking offense or roster management is simply spell-binding. Count me in the group that is much more captivated with the non-basketball talk that actually makes these guys sound like human beings. I love stories that we don't get to hear. The Fran McCaffery story Miles got him to tell about his fight with Bo Ryan was excellent.

I would be on board if Pitino would tell stories about fighting other coaches. Half hour listening to talk about pandemic and little kids doesnt do it for me. Pump x's and o's into my veins please.

I would be on board if Pitino would tell stories about fighting other coaches. Half hour listening to talk about pandemic and little kids doesnt do it for me. Pump x's and o's into my veins please.

I get what you're saying, but I think the Pitino radio show is some of the best programming available in the market. He is really good, I think. He's downright funny and engaging. Just a personal preference. I don't really get much from him telling us how they plan to guard Purdue's center. But, I definitely understand if you enjoy more Xs and Os. Makes sense for sure.

Last edited:

I get what you're saying, but I think the Pitino radio show is some of the best programming available in the market. He is really good, I think. He's downright funny and engaging. Just a personal preference. I don't really get much from him telling us how they plan to guard Purdue's center.

Yeah, suppose they wouldnt do it that way if it wasnt well-received by many. Just not my cup of tea.

While there is no basketball X’s O’s talk...
there is a fair amount of coaching insight.
I usually enjoy listening to Richard but this was maybe a smidge more fun than usual.
Thanks for sharing it!

Yeah, I'm at full on pandemic discussion fatigue and hearing stories about people's kids is usually about as interesting as hearing about their fantasy football team or dreams. I could be interested in the non-basketball conversations, but I can't hear about people's kids being antsy from being inside about the pandemic anymore. Every zoom call I'm on starts with that 2-3 minute conversation.

Part of it might just be that I'm getting sick of the podcast format in general (we're just a couple of normal guys hanging out and shooting the sh!t). Ok - - ten years later, I've now listened to hundreds of hours of people having small talk or repeating the same things (aren't liberals crazy? Isn't Trump evil? Did you see Tiger King?) So it might just be podcast fatigue for me as well.

Yeah, suppose they wouldnt do it that way if it wasnt well-received by many. Just not my cup of tea.

And, I haven't listened to any of Pitino's radio shows this year, so I'm basing my opinion off of years past. So, maybe it has been uninteresting this year, I don't know. I'm just not a big fan of coach's shows by nature, but I find Pitino's to be have been a fun listen in recent years.

Top Bottom