Ticket situation

RodentRampage

Reaction score
I don't know how much to make of this, but Stubhub only has 36 tickets available for the Illinois game. The cheapest one they have is $56. They had plenty of tickets available for the Michigan State game, and had some selling for as little as $18. It looks as if people have been snagging up tickets for this game after the win over MSU.

I don't know how much to make of this, but Stubhub only has 36 tickets available for the Illinois game. The cheapest one they have is $56. They had plenty of tickets available for the Michigan State game, and had some selling for as little as $18. It looks as if people have been snagging up tickets for this game after the win over MSU.

I'm guessing it's a combination of a few things:

1. The more you win, the more people want to come
2. The weather looks amazing...people didn't seem to want to bear the 30 degree days as much
3. It's not Halloween for people that choose their kids over Gopher Football...which I totally don't get ;)

I'm guessing it's a combination of a few things:

1. The more you win, the more people want to come
2. The weather looks amazing...people didn't seem to want to bear the 30 degree days as much
3. It's not Halloween for people that choose their kids over Gopher Football...which I totally don't get ;)

ding, ding, ding!

gopherlady - she is SO smart! ;)

The stubhub news is particularly interesting considering there are more tickets overall available for this game than most, given the give-back from Illinois. Wouldn't it be fun to see a packed house? I wonder if all the Illinois-returned tickets have sold?

Halloween was a definite factor last week. I am also sorry to say the mediocre weather situation for the previous two games probably had a bigger role in the 'fair weather fan' decisions for the Wisconsin and Purdue games too. Come on fan base... grow a pair.

High school playoffs didn't help the ticket situation last week either. Should not be the case this weekend.

The reverse effect than past nice fall days... why go "inside" and watch football on one of the last beautifull days in the fall. I will be at every game no matter what. But as we know our overall level of play the last 40+years has not developed a large passionate fan base.

All that aside can't wait for tomorrow!!

I have 2 tickets for sale for ILL if people can't find them. BO

Interesting to see this when the opening weekend for Minny deer hunting generally caused a drop in attendance at the Dump. A full house would be fun to see.

No, there were a couple ticket under $20 for the MSU game, they weren't parking passes. There were a lot of tickets available for that game under $50. It does seem that the win over MSU has really revived interest.

On Tuesday there were more than 200 on stubhub. I noticed too that the number of tickets available on craigslist is way down and prices have remained steady. I wonder how many Illinois returns are left for Saturday at the U ticket office. It looks like it will be a well attended game of mostly gopher fans. That makes me excited. Tomorrow is shapping up to be a great game.

I have 2 tickets for sale for ILL if people can't find them. BO

I was able to sell tickets extremely quick. For MSU, people will practically giving them away.

If you would like me to help you sell your tickets, let me know! I'm guessing since it's so late, you'll only get $40 or $30 a ticket, but a few days ago they were going for face.

I've had tickets for sale on StubHub previously for a Twins game. Because of logistical concerns of transferring tickets from buyer to seller, the sale listing was automatically cancelled a certain period of time (72 hours?) prior to the time of the event. That could be why you're only seeing a very limited number of tickets available for the Illinois game. I think there will be a lot of tickets available for sale outside the stadium prior to the game.

From the student perspective, I imagine there will be a max of 7000 students. Almost everyone I know is selling tickets and there are no buyers.

The Shine is Off the Bank?

Maybe it's because people are not getting double or triple + for their seats and don't want to bother selling for just face? Am looking forward to first beautiful "fall" day at TCFBS. And looking forward to the Gophs making a ticket more valuable with their play instead of by just playing in a new stadium.

Exactly, I think 10k is too many tickets for students IF you want it filled every game. There is a big difference in selling 10k student tickets and filling 10k.

<---student who hasn't missed a game since 2006 vs Indiana

Here's my theory: The 11:00 AM kick-off should have less of an negetive effect on attendance than it ever has in the past.

When you look at attanedance vs. kick-off times in the Metrodome, it becomes clear that a lot of fans (probably younger) are only going to tolerate one or two 11:00 AM kick-offs in a row. After that, it had a very noticeable effect on attendance. After two road games and a Halloween night game people are more ready than ever for a morning kick-off. The last one was a month ago!

Also, it's no longer DST. DST effectively makes an 11:00 AM kick-off in Sept and October a 10:00AM kick-off for "body-clock" purposes.

Word is getting out about how great Gopher football games are. And now tickets are selling at a reasonable price. People I never thought would have been interested in Gopher football are buying tailgate spots for this game.:eek: And with high temps in the low-60's .... wow.

Stubhub now has only 4 tickets remaining, all 4 in the outdoor club area. Stubhub has a place you can go to pick up the tickets if there isn't time to mail them out, so it really does look like people are snagging them up. Amazing what a win does!

Stub Hub

Stubhub now has only 4 tickets remaining, all 4 in the outdoor club area. Stubhub has a place you can go to pick up the tickets if there isn't time to mail them out, so it really does look like people are snagging them up. Amazing what a win does!

I'm not sure this is how Stub Hub works, but I think the few remaining tickets are those that sellers physically delivered to the local Stub Hub location - the vast majority of sellers do not do that but choose to conduct their transaction via the mail with Stub Hub as the broker/ middleman; the listings for these were cancelled a set number of days prior to the event.

Therefore, I don't believe that the small number of tickets currently available on Stub Hub is indicative of a great demand for this game - that being said, it sure would be nice to see a full house tomorrow.

Go Gophers !!

I'd say that if the 7K prediction is correct for the student section, and the rest of the stadium is full... it is a final sign that either the student section needs to shrink, or some other creative solution needs to be hatched to put those butts in the seats.

Interesting to see this when the opening weekend for Minny deer hunting generally caused a drop in attendance at the Dump. A full house would be fun to see.

not sure who much deer hunting has to do with attendance. i was under the impression that less than 10% (maybe closer to 5%) of the state actually even goes hunting. i would guess the problem at the dump is what it always was.....people hate sitting inside on a nice fall day.

I'd say that if the 7K prediction is correct for the student section, and the rest of the stadium is full... it is a final sign that either the student section needs to shrink, or some other creative solution needs to be hatched to put those butts in the seats.

Hmm. Maybe it would make sense to presell 1,000 student seats as single-game. And have 2,000 seats on a 3-game and 4-game package.

It has frequently been mentioned on this board: Over-selling the student tickets. For what students pay, their should be some risk of SRO if they don't get in the building early. And it's never going to happen, but I think scanning tickets/ID's and using the data to create a "loyalty" priority list for students would help make sure the right students are being sold tickets.

Pharmacy Gopher and GoAUpher

Check your messages. Pharm Gopher - I already sold yours. GoAUpher ...I'm working on it.

Edit - both sets of tickets have been sold. They were on my market for 13 minutes. This ticket broker is closed. For all other seats, go to tixfortots.org

Thanks!

I have a post on the ticket exchange. Two tickets available in 218.

ONE EXTRA TICKET for section 238, near the top of the "I" in "MINNESOTA" on the home side. Will sell for face value of $50. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. It will go straight to my Blackberry and I can arrange to get it to you in the morning before the game. GOPHER FANS ONLY, ORANGE OUTFITS CANCEL THE DEAL.

ONE EXTRA TICKET for section 238, near the top of the "I" in "MINNESOTA" on the home side. Will sell for face value of $50. Email me at [email protected] if you are interested. It will go straight to my Blackberry and I can arrange to get it to you in the morning before the game. GOPHER FANS ONLY, ORANGE OUTFITS CANCEL THE DEAL.

so you are saying that i CAN'T show up to the game tomorrow (to retrieve your ticket) in my super-sweet blaze orange deer hunting gear (in honor of the deer opener) with my super-sweet shotgun in tow? what kind of f-ing country is this?! russia?! ;)

Top Bottom