Thursday traffic

CWCWCW

Reaction score
Traffic is going to be interesting come Thursday. State Fair park and ride is not an option. The train isn't so appealing when you're waiting in line and it's almost midnight.
My plan is to get to close to the stadium pretty early and shell out primo dollars for parking. That is unless a wise Gopherholer has a better idea.

Park on the west bank & walk. Lots of cheap parking off the west bank.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Park on the west bank & walk. Lots of cheap parking off the west bank.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I would second this, its going to be a beautiful night, a safe walk, and it's easy on and off from the West Bank to anywhere. I do it up until its unbearably cold.

Everyone make sure you leave a quarter or so early so you can beat the traffic and get snuggled into bed for WCCO news.

We're planning on either taking the LRT or biking in. I'd say parking along University or downtown Minneapolis and doing the Green Line or even a one day pass ona Nice Ride bike would be a great way to avoid the day-of congestion for those who live too far to do it from their home.

I'll be taking the train, best way to get there unless you can walk/bike. Really easy to park downtown for cheap and then ride the train in. After the game, they do a good job of getting the trains on their way and loaded.

Biking in is the best way to go. You can park in the Seward neighborhood for free and bike the 1.25 miles from there. Takes no time, you have a bikelane the whole way and you get to park right in front of your gate for free.

Green line there and back. I'll stop at a bar for a beer after the game so I don't have to deal with huge crows on the rail.

Green line there and back. I'll stop at a bar for a beer after the game so I don't have to deal with huge crows on the rail.

Damn birds, acting like they own the place. Hitchcock was right.

We are headed to the Mall of America, grab some dinner and couple of drinks. Catch the LTR transfer to the Bank. Our reverse includes grabbing a couple beers and dissect the game. Catch the LTR back to the Mall. And then drive home. I don't want to be anywhere on campus parking.

Is it legal to scalp parking pass tickets on campus at the U?

One comment, if you plan on taking the light rail do it from the St Paul side, to avoid the congestion from Target Field to the Saints game. The Saints game starts at 7:05

Two months ago I scored a room at the Commons Hotel for $110. Spending the day wandering and beer sampling, then driving out Friday morning.

If you stick around to listen to the band post-game, you'll avoid a lot if the crowd for the rail. If course, if the Gophers win, you might not be in a hurry to leave...

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Starting to get worried my river flats spots will be full by the time I get there at 4:15. Hopefully not.

Train ftw.

Go get a beer or late night snack right after the game (or in case, return to tailgate lot) debrief and celebrate (or hopefully not, commiserate) and then grab the train.

It's all worth a sleepy Friday.

Does anyone know if there is any shuttle service from the Fairgrounds to TCF? My wife's company is having an open bar get-together there, and we'd like to hit that up before heading to TCF.

I know that there's no parking for the game in St. Paul (and no parking for the Fair in the TCF/Mariucci lots), but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Though if we can't make it work, it's nice that we can have a fallback of some actual tailgating.

Does anyone know if there is any shuttle service from the Fairgrounds to TCF? My wife's company is having an open bar get-together there, and we'd like to hit that up before heading to TCF.

I know that there's no parking for the game in St. Paul (and no parking for the Fair in the TCF/Mariucci lots), but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious.

Though if we can't make it work, it's nice that we can have a fallback of some actual tailgating.

Could you take the campus shuttle from St. Paul campus over?

Top Bottom