Thursday practice

JohnnyGopher

Reaction score
just a few notes for those who decide to attend practice. #1 is there was plenty of room today. #2, always keep your eyes on the field as I learned the hard way today thanks to #17. You have to sign in at the front door and get a nametag and then you will get a roster and RULES.

Here is what the rules say.

NO CELL PHONES !!!!!!!!
No cameras(only media members with approval may have cameras)
No Food or Drink(no sunflower seeds or Tobacco)
No standing on the Field of play or talking to players during the practice.

NO Posting of comments regarding practice information(Specific players, specific plays, injuries, etc.) on any internet site(Facebook, Twitter, chat rooms,etc.)

We are very glad you came and appreciate your interest in Gopher Football, However, just be aware that failure to comply will result in closed practices in the future.

There we're some very interesting things that went on but I don't know what is ok to comment on so best to just say very little. Would advise those of you with interest to try to get down there at least once to see how impressive this staff is at teaching and how intense they are and how fluid and fast practice moves. They we're not kidding when they said they would be watching who plays through the whistle. And what was Mrs. Kill most excited about at the start of spring practice, well that would be the Kenny Chesney concert on Friday.

probably a stupid question, but Ive never been down to the facility where they practice or anything like that.

where would I park if I went?

where exactly is the practice facility

Quite a contrast to 4 springs ago, when it was apparent we didn't have a 'real coach' back then.

I don't blame Joel Maturi for hiring Brewster, but I blame him for not recognizing during that initial spring that Brewster was not a coach...and could not even run a practice.:eek: Brewster should have been terminated right then and there. Instead, a 4-year hole was dug, and now we hear what Jerry Kill has got on his hands...talent that is MAC level...and guys who don't care...about conditioning, about academics...

Well, folks, the right guy is now in town, and for that, we can all be excited:cool02::D

NO Posting of comments regarding practice information(Specific players, specific plays, injuries, etc.) on any internet site(Facebook, Twitter, chat rooms,etc.)

Something tells me practices won't stay open very long.

I know of a very obscure way down to the practice facility.. But if you take University down to 15th Ave SE, go North, you'll see the complex on the East side a few blocks up the road. As far as parking, I'm sure there's plenty on the 4th St. parking ramp.

they are at the indoor facility next to bierman except on the 2nd and 15th when they move over to TCF. Parking today was difficult with the basketball tourny over at Williams but i just parked on a side street across the RR tracks and it was an easy walk over there.

Not sure how all the tweets I got today were in compliance with this. They were interesting.

I agree, closed practices very soon. No cell phones is a tough one to enforce.

GM

I'm guessing that doesn't hold for the media which is more widely read than any one person's facebook page, twitter account, etc. So really, what exactly is the difference? Just the timing of how fast the info gets out?

I'm guessing that doesn't hold for the media which is more widely read than any one person's facebook page, twitter account, etc. So really, what exactly is the difference? Just the timing of how fast the info gets out?

Boom! Goes the dynamite (I always wanted to say that). Media members are sophisticated enough to know what is and isn't okay to write about. Plus the coaches can hold them accountable easier than someone named "Sportfan24."

Quite a contrast to 4 springs ago, when it was apparent we didn't have a 'real coach' back then.

I don't blame Joel Maturi for hiring Brewster, but I blame him for not recognizing during that initial spring that Brewster was not a coach...and could not even run a practice.:eek: Brewster should have been terminated right then and there. Instead, a 4-year hole was dug, and now we hear what Jerry Kill has got on his hands...talent that is MAC level...and guys who don't care...about conditioning, about academics...

Well, folks, the right guy is now in town, and for that, we can all be excited:cool02::D

I am curious if you could elaborate more about Brewster's first practices just for comparison to this year's first practice. I remember reading comments about Brewster having to learn the coaching ropes, but I don't recall much detail about the organization (or disoragnization as the case may be) of Brewster's practices. That is the nice thing about hiring a head coach with an intact coaching staff, there is no learning curve. They hit the ground running.

Top Bottom