Thursday’s Uniforms vs NMSU

One color is ok, but these really suck. Way to much white! All the white should be Gold!! And Maroon on the sleeves!
Too much white! Maroon numbers on maroon jerseys, with a maroon M on the maroon helmet!

Too much white! Maroon numbers on maroon jerseys, with a maroon M on the maroon helmet!
Actually this is or would be a very cool look. Lots of Black on black on black suits, shirts and ties..... Just put a little thin gold trim line around the numbers to make them stand out

Wonder what game they are going to break out the black jerseys for? I don't mind this look but doesn't seem real popular in the early replies.

Being somewhat bad at remembering player numbers, I wish they all weren't named "Minnesota". The helmets are really cool, should have had gold in there somewhere else.

I pretty much like all of the uniforms - they are all unique in some form.

I just hate the word "Minnesota" on back. Seems juvenile to me.

Maybe for this game they could troll Kill and put "Jerrysota" on back...

All of the media stuff says MINNESOTA but names are on the jerseys. It was this way last year too.

For those that don't like this particular look...high probability you won't see it again this year...between helmet, facemask, decal, jersey, pant....we didn't repeat last year at all I don't think.

My guess for the black uniforms is Rutgers for the 'Halloween' game

All of the media stuff says MINNESOTA but names are on the jerseys. It was this way last year too.

For those that don't like this particular look...high probability you won't see it again this year...between helmet, facemask, decal, jersey, pant....we didn't repeat last year at all I don't think.
is that right? I swear last year in one game commenting to my son that it was odd that all the players had the same last name. However, wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong.

Wonder what game they are going to break out the black jerseys for? I don't mind this look but doesn't seem real popular in the early replies.
Iowa? The twitter link said soon? Maybe MSU?

The white under shirt makes it a very sloppy and undisciplined look. Ragtag. Clean it up PJ. Look your best!

MMM. The one color high school uni scheme. Not my fav, but we’ve been doing the uniform flavor of the day for long enough now that we’re bound to have the wheel land on some meh combos occasionally. At least it’s one of our school colors (but maybe the kids will “love it” anyway).

My dream uniform:
Matte Gold helmets with “classic” Goldy
Matte gold jerseys with gold outlined by maroon numbers and lettering.
Matte gold pants with single maroon stripe on each leg and maroon belt.
Gold shoes for offense and maroon shoes for defense.
Maroon Goldy on the shoulder with gold “The Boys” eyes.

Perfection!

is that right? I swear last year in one game commenting to my son that it was odd that all the players had the same last name. However, wouldn't surprise me if I'm wrong.

unless I'm wrong, the Gold jerseys last year had "Minnesota" on the back in place of the players' names.

or maybe that was 2 years ago - but I do remember that.

unless I forgot to take my medication. in that case, anything is possible.

have to go now. A giant warthog is watching me type and it's freaking me out.

unless I'm wrong, the Gold jerseys last year had "Minnesota" on the back in place of the players' names.

or maybe that was 2 years ago - but I do remember that.

unless I forgot to take my medication. in that case, anything is possible.

have to go now. A giant warthog is watching me type and it's freaking me out.
Correct, the golds are the only ones I can remember that said MN on them. That's basically the only thing remaining from the Kill era. But I don't think they wore the gold jerseys last year...could be wrong. The year prior they wore them against Purdue but had END RACISM on the back.

Actually this is or would be a very cool look. Lots of Black on black on black suits, shirts and ties..... Just put a little thin gold trim line around the numbers to make them stand out
This can be a cool look from an up-close perspective. But if the numbers and jersey are the same color with only a thin line of trim in a different color, the numbers are nearly invisible looking from a distance. So players think the look is cool but fans in the stands or watching on TV struggle to be able to see the numbers and determine who the players are. With the Gophers maroon jerseys, the numbers need to be either white or gold to stand out.

People really whining about uniforms lmao

They're sharp anyways. Too many old heads

This can be a cool look from an up-close perspective. But if the numbers and jersey are the same color with only a thin line of trim in a different color, the numbers are nearly invisible looking from a distance. So players think the look is cool but fans in the stands or watching on TV struggle to be able to see the numbers and determine who the players are. With the Gophers maroon jerseys, the numbers need to be either white or gold to stand out.
Disagree. Maroon with a slightly different shade of maroon numbers with gold outline would be slick.

Oregon has done a few versions of this. I remember watching it and thinking how badass it was.

6a0115709f071f970b01675f7c676e970b.jpe

ScreenShot2012-01-02at1.49.27PM_crop_340x234.png

Disagree. Maroon with a slightly different shade of maroon numbers with gold outline would be slick.

Oregon has done a few versions of this. I remember watching it and thinking how badass it was.

View attachment 20102

View attachment 20103
Agree....looks very cool and badass. Just saying the numbers are difficult to see from the average viewer's distance perspective. If you are on the field or sideline, they look great. TV and radio announcers dislike such color combos.

Attachments

• Oregon Football Black Uniform.jpg
    Oregon Football Black Uniform.jpg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 0

Top Bottom