Thoughts/Pics on possible recruit Cam McDaniel

Trojan 87

Reaction score
I heard through the grapevine we're getting serious consideration from him. Since I've seen this kid play a couple of times, I thought I would weigh in. Most people have probably never heard of him because he's in Texas but he was one of the most dynamic playmakers in the state last year.

He caught my attention when he hurdled a would be tackler and scored a touchdown. No joke, I've linked it below. At any rate, I hope the staff is able to land him because he's a totally different breed. I have no idea what his sparq rating is but I bet it's at the top of the list because he's got some insane ball skils:eek: Anyone else hear have any thoughts on him?

Cam McDaniel Pics

I heard through the grapevine we're getting serious consideration from him. Since I've seen this kid play a couple of times, I thought I would weigh in. Most people have probably never heard of him because he's in Texas but he was one of the most dynamic playmakers in the state last year.

He caught my attention when he hurdled a would be tackler and scored a touchdown. No joke, I've linked it below. At any rate, I hope the staff is able to land him because he's a totally different breed. I have no idea what his sparq rating is but I bet it's at the top of the list because he's got some insane ball skils:eek: Anyone else hear have any thoughts on him?

Cam McDaniel Pics

nice looking scatback with some power, hey bring him aboard, we can use all the runningbacks we can get until someone steps up as a true feature back.
If nothing else, he looks like an ideal change up runner and 3rd down guy, nice hands and pass blocking technique. Never say no to a highly sought after Texas football player.

I wonder how serious he is about Minnesota...I like the looks of the kid and would love to see him play up here in Sota

Hopefully he makes it up for a visit. For those of you who remember Sam McGuffie at Michigan, he's a very similar player.

Correct. I am not sure the reasons but he sat out last season after transferring to Rice. He had a decent freshman season but I guess wanted to be back closer to home. I imagine you'll hear his name again this year as he regains his eligibility. He and McDaniel are the only two players I've ever seen jump over a tackler in a game. Freakish athletic ability:eek:

Check out youtube...

...this guy looks good. If you want to see him jump over the defender, it's at 1:05 of the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhiJew5oh9Q

Better than the jump is his moves and ability to gain YAC (yards after contact). This is something we haven't seen in a while.

Nice find...that video illustrates what I was talking about. He's got a great burst that you don't see out of a lot of backs. I'm anxious to see how he does this season. I hear he works really hard in the weight room and it definitely shows on the field.

shifty, fast, good vision. I like it. He should stop hurtling people, or hes gonna get Jahvid Best'd.

Scout has him listed as a WR. all of his highlights are from the backfield. Whats up with that?

Between the #4 on his jersey and the vision of him jumping in to the end zone I couldn't help but think of Jahvid Best.

I like his film. He looks very quick, has good vision, good change of direction, good hips and is obviously a very good athlete. I'd like to see him put change hands with the ball so that he carries it on the outside of his body. Other than that the only knock on him appears to be his size is less than ideal. There obviously have been other less than ideal RB's that have been very successful though so it isn't a major concern. The other great thing with him is that he is such a good athlete he could easily transition to CB if RB doesn't work out for him. He could likely play a role on special teams early in his career too.

McGuffie probably is the best comparison but Sam appeared to have a little more size coming out of HS.

MCGUFFIE!!!!!!!!!!!

mcguffie.jpg

Here's a little more info. on him from the Rivals guys - sounds like he's pretty open and likes Coach Cross.

LINK

Top Bottom