Thoughts on the coaching staff

stocker08

Reaction score
I would like to start by saying that I really wish Brewster could turn it around. He has the charisma and enthusiasm that we could use, but it is fairly apparent that he is in over his head. He seems like a good dude too. I can honestly say that I would rather be awful with Brewster than mediocre with scambag Kiffin.

The game planning has been horrible. The defense looks completely out of sync. The d-line and linebackers have unfortunately turned out very badly. Some of that blame has to rest on the coaching staff. Lack of instinct and poor tackling can certainly be traced back to lack of preparation. I personally think that Weber has looked fairly good this year, which brings me to my other gripe. The vanilla play calling may have lost us a couple games this year. Our "pound the rock" offense that Brewster seems so intent on implementing, is being shoved down our throat by every team we play. Even with the passing game working, we tend to drift back towards 2-yards (average) per run. Only when we are losing by several possessions in the 4th quarter do we actually start airing the ball out (which usually leads to a touchdown).

It is time to clear house. Obviously after the season. We do not need to bail on our team with only a third of the season over. I say let Brewster try to resurrect his job here, but I believe that is unlikely as Tupac showing back up at this point. After a few years ago with our 1-11 season I really didn't think it could get much worse. Now we are staring down the barrel of another embarrassing season.

As loyal fans of one of the largest universities in the country, we deserve better than this.

I dig the new message board name, by the way.

Top Bottom