Those who are down on last night's performance, read this

Did you read the article?

Joe Effin' Montana, in his senior season, looked like (essentially) Weber in the season opener.

I'm not sayin Weber will turn out to be Montana; I'm saying you can't judge him by the first game of the year.

1. Yes.

2. Let's make a deal: If, on September 4th, 2014, Adam Weber is starting in the NFL and is a consensus top 5 QB in the league, I will buy a giant, front-page banner on GopherHole for the entire football season confessing to being a d00shbag, hating America and secretly supporting both the Badgers and the Hawkeyes. If he's not, you do the same. Deal?

3. Are you denying there weren't similarities between his performance yesterday and his performance for almost all of last year? If so, then I feel like we must have watched different games. If not, that's my point: Yesterday's lack of consistency causes me to be concerned that his issues from last year aren't resolved. And outside of yesterday's game, what evidence is there to the contrary?

P.S. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and have Web be the next Joe Montana. I really mean that.

1. Yes.

2. Let's make a deal: If, on September 4th, 2014, Adam Weber is starting in the NFL and is a consensus top 5 QB in the league, I will buy a giant, front-page banner on GopherHole for the entire football season confessing to being a d00shbag, hating America and secretly supporting both the Badgers and the Hawkeyes. If he's not, you do the same. Deal?

3. Are you denying there weren't similarities between his performance yesterday and his performance for almost all of last year? If so, then I feel like we must have watched different games. If not, that's my point: Yesterday's lack of consistency causes me to be concerned that his issues from last year aren't resolved. And outside of yesterday's game, what evidence is there to the contrary?

P.S. I would love nothing more than to be wrong and have Web be the next Joe Montana. I really mean that.

I think many think that unless qb's are successful in the nfl that they aren't worth a damn in college. there are a hell of a lot more qb's that were studs in the ncaa and horrible in the nfl!

weber compared to joe montana is stupid.

all this weber hate is also stupid, he played solid. not great and not bad!

I love all of these arm chair experts we have on gh that seem to know how to break down a qb from every angle.

last, for all the "bench web and play gray" crowd...what have u guys seen since he has been here that says he is a better qb than web? gray could be better I don't know? but from what I have seen from him I haven't been impressed. 4 stars on rivals is all I really know about his qb play and none of us on gh were watching him in high school. if he was better he would play.

we are 1-0 those more interested in tearing this team down can jump off the cliff, make things better for everyone!

1. Yes.

Wait, didn't I say that I wasn't comparing Weber with Montana? I thought that was what I said.

Weber looked similar to last year in the first half and parts of the second. But like I said, it's the first game of the season. Which almost always guarantees sloppy play in one way or another.

All I'm saying is, wait a few weeks before claiming Weber a bust. I know that's what I'm doing.

10 of 17, no interceptions and clutch plays when we really needed them is just AWFUL. :rolleyes:

Sorry this thread turned into a Weber debate

The point of the post was to focus attention on the team's performance as a whole, not just on Weber's.

The point is a simple one:

The first game causes nightmares for every coach, especially for ones with 11 (that's right, 11) new starters on defense.

Let's give things a few weeks to settle in, shall we?

I just checked all source I could find. The Gophers have THE BEST record in college football, better already than about 50% of the other teams in the country (higher than that, if there was a tie anywhere).

If we win out we are National Champs...again! So quit bitchin' and enjoy. We won a game we were supposed to lose and even Phat Pat now thinks we'll win three.

I think MTSU is considered equivalent to the bottom of the Big Ten, and we were a tad bit dominating. Can't quite see how we can't steal a couple in the Big Ten without improvement. And as I've said all along, this team will improve with the season as opposed to our other years. We could be in a for a very exciting year of football regardless how the record shakes out. Great teams coming in and we're improved.

If you can't enjoy this ride, you can't enjoy college football.

this is typical and i knew this would happen.

MTSU is a good team. as good or better than the UNI team that had two late FGs blocked to keep them from beating iowa early last season and the california state university fresno team that took wisconsin into OT early last season.

gopher fans need to learn impulse control. people were ready to bench weber for the rest of the season after one quarter and ready to fire brewster after one half.

Weber had five of his seven incompletions in the first quarter, after that he settled down and was 9 of 11 including perfect 3 of 3 in the winning drive. of course he is a fifth year senior and should be ready to start quarter one, but i will cut him some slack on his FIRST QUARTER of football this season.

Brewster and Horton had a game plan and even though MTSU put together two good drives they stuck to that game plan.

If the team gets better, with the young defense learning how to play together and the offense progressing i believe they will, then the team will be fine.

people need to stop breaking thier arms patting themselves on the back for the win.

beat a sun belt which a B10 team should that is in year 1 or year 4 of the head coach.

a sun belt team that played the 112 ranked schedule last year out of 115 teams. a 112 ranked schedule that included Clemson, Maryland and Mississippi St which shows how bad it really was.

ran the ball on a sun belt team they average 65 pounds per man bigger than which they should be able to run the ball on.

the defense did do a good job on 3rd down which is encouraging but still gave up 8 yards a play to a team without it's best offensive player.

a win is a win but stop pretending they beat a team that is as good as any in bottom of the B10.

Top Bottom