This league is nuts

obobo55

Reaction score
Home teams are 32-5. 12 teams are very high in all metric based rankings and depending on how things shake out (injuries) look like they will have at least bubble worthy resumes.

Here is my hypothetical that I wish would happen one year, just to see how the committee would handle it.

A league is the clear best in NC play (while good this year, the B1G didn't dominate), but in league play each and every team finishes at .500. How does the committee seed these teams? Do they give the tourney winner a top seed? What about team 14? If the worst team, that had the fewest "good wins" in NC play or simply an easier league slate, finishes tied for first in the best league they can't be a poor seed.

I just think it would be amazing. A #1 seed seems out of the question when other leagues will have teams with far fewer losses. I think our league does suffer this each and every year to some extent. Teams in the B1G take losses that other leagues often don't and our best often cannot get those #1 seeds. That makes the road to a title that much tougher.

this league is so good the #11 team in the country is 12th in the league. Better look quick before the rankings come out Sunday night-- Ohio State won't be #11 for long

I'm sure this gets said every March, but the NCAAs are going to be crazy this year. Feels like a lot of very similar teams. And good luck seeding it. Teams like Purdue, Minnesota etc have extreme highs and low lows.

As far as the big 10, I think the records wont be great but it will help that a power conference like the ACC is so poor this year. A win at UNC is useless this year. And I will say this year seems like one of the best years to have scheduled up like we did. An 18-13 record looks bad but in a sea of average that sticks out as a big positive.

this league is so good the #11 team in the country is 12th in the league. Better look quick before the rankings come out Sunday night-- Ohio State won't be #11 for long

Yeah, Ohio St won't be ranked high anymore, but really they are just one road win from being right with the pack. They are 1-4 but they have played 3 on the road. Sparty leads the league at 5-1, but 4 were home games (and they won @NW). Their schedule is much tougher going forward.

I don't have a clue how this will play out. Each team has had some duds, but as soon as I think they are poor, the next game surprises

Such a deep league. Hard to tell who the real contenders are at this point. Could be a lot or just a few.

What's the record for most teams in the tourney from one conference?

This league is bananas. B..A..N..A..N..A..S
hollaback.jpg

What did I see yesterday? 10 teams projected in the tournament. Home teams are something like 36-5 in B1G play and ranked teams are 1-9 on the road against non-ranked teams.

9 games later and home record is now 38-6. Only home loss was Iowa winning at NW.

At KenPom, Indiana is the 12th B1G team at #41. Only 3 ACC teams are ahead of them.

9 games later and home record is now 38-6. Only home loss was Iowa winning at NW.

At KenPom, Indiana is the 12th B1G team at #41. Only 3 ACC teams are ahead of them.
Accurate every year. PPP is all that matters.

Edit: NVM, clarified below

Last edited:

Only home loss in the last 7 league games.

6 losses on the year:

MSU@NW
Iowa@NW
Rutgers@Neb
Illinois@Wis
Wis@PSU
Wis@OSU

Edit: apologize, it was only 7 games since my original post, not 9.

Last edited:

I often like to look at the conference standings through a Home/Road lens. Each road win is a plus & a home loss is a minus. Finish +1 and your record is 11-9, +2=12-8, +3=13-7.

Right now, we have this:

MSU +1
Illinois +1
Iowa +1
Wisconsin +1
Rutgers +1
------------
Minnesota 0
Michigan 0
Maryland 0
Indiana 0
------------
PSU -1
OSU -1
Nebraska -1
------------
Northwestern -2

I often like to look at the conference standings through a Home/Road lens. Each road win is a plus & a home loss is a minus. Finish +1 and your record is 11-9, +2=12-8, +3=13-7.

Right now, we have this:

MSU +1
Illinois +1
Iowa +1
Wisconsin +1
Rutgers +1
------------
Minnesota 0
Michigan 0
Maryland 0
Indiana 0
------------
PSU -1
OSU -1
Nebraska -1
------------
Northwestern -2
Let's get ourselves swapped with Rutgers tomorrow!

It's the oddest I've ever seen the Big Ten standings. Still early, but a good number of teams with rankings near the bottom. Odd to see.

Looks like if you get 8-9 wins in Big Ten you might make the NCAA's this year.

Uunbelievable, if they had beat Minnesota they would have been #1 for a week. Now they will probably drop out of the top 25.
OSU has a good stretch of schedule coming to right their ship but something is off there. Carton has a world of talent but tries to do too much and makes losing plays. They are not shooting well for the past few weeks...

Top Bottom