This deserves scorn

Same old Gophers.
That's the problem. The casual fan who would have been on board and filled up the bank had they just gone out and beat and inferior team now doesn't care. For the most part, this game was lost when the lines didn't show up for the first half, but losing a game on a play where you're simply giving up and getting ready to punt is a classic "Gopher" loss.

Yes, we are beatable and so is Iowa, tOSU, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.

Every reason in the world to be pumped on November 8, 15, 22, and 29.

Illinois is done. Next up is The Pig and it's for the taking, at our house no less.

Go Gophers!

This is 2008 all over again. Hopefully Kill's staff can recover better than Brewster did.

I've thought for a while now that Nebraska was the clear favorite in the West and that the last 4 weeks would be too much for us to overcome. I really didn't expect to lose to Tim Beckman and Illinois. This one hurts. We won't win the division but the Pig and Axe are still within reach. We have plenty to improve upon but there is enough talent on this team to beat Iowa and Wisconsin if we get our sh*t together. Time to take a deep breath and realize there's still a lot to cheer for.

I would like to see the day where Illinois does not schedule us for homecoming. You know how many homecoming games tosu plays? One, at home.

Yeah and then gophers will beat Iowa in 2 weeks and if they were to pull off somehow probably highly unlikey an upset against Ohio St. we will be a good football team again to everyone here on gopherhole and every other fan. I dont think this is the same old gophers, we are the typical inconsistent week in and week out football team. I am quite frankly getting sick and tired of people complaining about how we are the worst football team whenever we lose a game. Yes this loss sucks and hurts but it was not like we had our worst game of all time. It was one game get over it. Its the way she goes. If you want to deal with not losing a game go down to the SEC because as a gopher your going to experience bad losses as a fan. We are not some national championship team. We are still 3-1 and 6-2 overall and there is a lot of football left to try to get to a descent bowl. I am very disappointed with this game but I am used to it and I dont think this gopher team sucks but they still have problems they need to work such as Leidner needing to hit open guys period which he did on a few drives but missed a lot in which we could have won by at least 2 TDs. The weird thing is we lost this game inevitably because of a fumble and you take away that fumble we probably get the win with the terrible performance still there and guarantee people would not be as critical as they are right now. People would be reacting just like they did after the close win to Purdue.

The carriage return is your friend. Who sponsors the descent bowl?

Do you literally sit around refreshing your screen constantly just waiting for people to reply to your posts? That took all of what.............1/2 of a second for a snarky reply. Just saying.

Do you literally sit around refreshing your screen constantly just waiting for people to reply to your posts? That took all of what.............1/2 of a second for a snarky reply. Just saying.

You've never heard of a push notification on your phone? It's 2014 dude. It doesn't take long to type 4 words.

I'd be surprised if we don't play much better against Iowa. We didn't have much energy on the line of scrimmage today; either side. As I see it, we simply overlooked Illinois, which is something I was afraid might happen. That's not likely to happen next game.

Overlooking anyone after last week is unacceptable. You're allowed that excuse once, but not two weeks in a row.

Overlooking anyone after last week is unacceptable. You're allowed that excuse once, but not two weeks in a row.

Yeah, it's somewhat easy to keep returning to the same excuses: overlooked them; underestimated them; this young team made mistakes.

I mean, I guess most of the team is still young. But you gotta get it together eventually for an easy game like this.

Yeah, it's somewhat easy to keep returning to the same excuses: overlooked them; underestimated them; this young team made mistakes.

I mean, I guess most of the team is still young. But you gotta get it together eventually for an easy game like this.

"This team is young" for a college team is generally BS. Every team is young. Unless you're starting freshman at every key position, which we aren't, I don't want to hear it.

Agreed. This wasn't a case of overlooking either PU or IU. It's a case of MN not being as good as we hoped they were AND getting badly out-schemed by two bad teams. Someone said earlier in this thread that people were pumping us up more than deserved, and that's exactly right, IMO. We're an above average team that has beaten maybe one other average team and 5 bad teams. That doesn't mean another win is out of the question, as anything can happen -- like it did today -- but it certainly decreases expectations.

Agreed. This wasn't a case of overlooking either PU or IU. It's a case of MN not being as good as we hoped they were AND getting badly out-schemed by two bad teams. Someone said earlier in this thread that people were pumping us up more than deserved, and that's exactly right, IMO. We're an above average team that has beaten maybe one other average team and 5 bad teams. That doesn't mean another win is out of the question, as anything can happen -- like it did today -- but it certainly decreases expectations.

I think Purdue has something going and is not as bad as their record indicates. Illinois is awful and every bit as bad as their record indicates.

It is pretty simple. We are not as good as people think. But this is also not the end of the season. We have two weeks to prepare for Iowa and get this going back n the right direction.

It is pretty simple. We are not as good as people think. But this is also not the end of the season. We have two weeks to prepare for Iowa and get this going back n the right direction.

It isn't that simple though. Even if we aren't as good as we thought, we're still a lot better than we showed today.

News flash: student are now selling their seats against Iowa back to the university.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disagree

Disagree: We played with zero emotion on defense. We missed 900 tackles. Their quarterback doubled his career rushing yardage...he was/is not a proficient runner until today. We were not mentally prepared two weeks in a row. Players apologized for being unprepared last week. Maybe they'll believe themselves after this week.

Agree: We have gotten out coached in nearly every game but Michigan...on game day. Kill is an awesome program builder.
Agree: Expectations were too high but we are capable of being better than an average team.

Depending on the mental preparation, the game plan and how it is executed and a little help from our opponent looking past us or turning the ball over and yes, we can win another game but we have no chance to be favored in any.

Disagree: We played with zero emotion on defense. We missed 900 tackles. Their quarterback doubled his career rushing yardage...he was/is not a proficient runner until today. We were not mentally prepared two weeks in a row. Players apologized for being unprepared last week. Maybe they'll believe themselves after this week.

Agree: We have gotten out coached in nearly every game but Michigan...on game day. Kill is an awesome program builder.
Agree: Expectations were too high but we are capable of being better than an average team.

Depending on the mental preparation, the game plan and how it is executed and a little help from our opponent looking past us or turning the ball over and yes, we can win another game but we have no chance to be favored in any.

I wish instead of apologizing they could have bothered to prepare themselves for this week.

I agree with this. The Gophers played a bad game. Wisconsin played a bad game against Northwestern, Ohio State played a bad game against VaTech, Missouri played a bad game against Indiana. It happens. All of those teams dusted themselves off and are continuing to work toward meaningful goals.

Not one team you just mentioned is the worst team in the Big Ten. If we beat Iowa and Wisconsin this loss will be forgotten. Sig bet on if that happens?

Not one team you just mentioned is the worst team in the Big Ten. If we beat Iowa and Wisconsin this loss will be forgotten. Sig bet on if that happens?

tOSU losing its NC chance to VaTech is worse.

Not even close. tOSU can still make the playoff and will still likely go to a premier bowl even if they lose to Mich St.

I will reserve judgement until the season plays out. The team hit a midseason slump and went 1-1. If they can win a couple more the rest of the way I'll be very satisfied.

Top Bottom