Third Down Music

FreakyDeke

picked a dumb moniker
Reaction score
What happened to Mars (I believe that's the song I'm remembering)? WAY better than GNR, that's for the NFL.

Mars would be effective if anyone could hear the band. Until then....

Mars would be effective if anyone could hear the band. Until then....

This is it. I agree with you FD, but from 231, there's no way we could possibly hear the band playing anything. Still, I think I might prefer this to the piped in music personally.

I do think the piped in music is helping get some of the less inclined to stand and shout crowd out of their seats and loud on 3rd downs though.

The band played it last week. I was actually able to hear it pretty well 2 of the times they played it.

This is it. I agree with you FD, but from 231, there's no way we could possibly hear the band playing anything. Still, I think I might prefer this to the piped in music personally.

I do think the piped in music is helping get some of the less inclined to stand and shout crowd out of their seats and loud on 3rd downs though.

Sadly, I have to agree with you 100% on this.

Yeah, I think you're right about AC/DC, but the point is the same.

Isn't it AC/DC "Hells Bells"?

They at least used the opening to "Welcome to the Jungle" a few times. They also used the opening to "TNT" by AC/DC which got people yelling "OY, OY, OY." Not sure what else was played though.

But nothing beats Welcome to the Jungle.

The band played it last week. I was actually able to hear it pretty well 2 of the times they played it.

The band played Mars at least two or three times. It's just tough even when you have brass players going full load straight at the opponents huddle to produce a sound that doesnt bounce straight off the turf and out the open end of the stadium.

Well how do other schools do it? If mic-ing can't be done do we have to dump the woodwinds?

Well how do other schools do it? If mic-ing can't be done do we have to dump the woodwinds?

This has been commented on a bunch in other threads...others have said that dropping 20 woodwinds would only result in 20 fewer woodwinds, not 20 more brass players. Apparently the marching band doesn't cap the size of its sections. If there were more brass players interested in playing then they would be welcome to do so.

They at least used the opening to "Welcome to the Jungle" a few times. They also used the opening to "TNT" by AC/DC which got people yelling "OY, OY, OY." Not sure what else was played though.

But nothing beats Welcome to the Jungle.

They also played Metallica "Enter Sandman" a few times on key 3rd downs. Eric Small was literally head banging to it as the offensive line approached the line of scrimmage. Funny stuff.

Top Bottom