These guys have quit on the season!

gopherinpain

Banned
Reaction score
No effort, lack of fundamentals on O and D and poor shot selection. The barn is as loud as the Minneapolis morgue.

I thought minn missed a whole lot of good looks. Forced a few around the rim, but they were battling to score inside and kept missing.

No effort, lack of fundamentals on O and D and poor shot selection. The barn is as loud as the Minneapolis morgue.

This sounds like the complaint every game this year, but this team always seems to keep fighting an make it close at some point in the second half. Pretty typical of a young team.

I thought minn missed a whole lot of good looks. Forced a few around the rim, but they were battling to score inside and kept missing.

As my old coach use to say:" You miss a bunny,you're not thinking about making the bunny. Your head is somewhere else"

ruppertflywheel said:
As my old coach use to say:" You miss a bunny,you're not thinking about making the bunny. Your head is somewhere else"

Or you're thinking too much?

It's bad when Ralph is putting out the most effort. Obviously NOT a coaching issue. Tubby is an infallible god.

Tubby can't get these guys ready to play. He looks the same as his players on the bench. Just dull and disinterested.

Rodney is just about as worthless as Ralphie. I thought what he said last game saying tubby told him to do that...that he would come in and play like a beast. guess i was wrong. this team has no effort i hate this team.

maliksealy said:
I cannot watch this. This is just awful.

I feel like I am being punched over and over again. Yet can't turn away.

This is great compared to the 1st half against SDSU.

When will people realize the Gopher bb program is not on solid ground.

Tubby disinterest drives me nuts

I don't get how Tubby can just sit on the sideline and not show any emotion, except for staring at his players. EE blocks a shot and gets called for a fouls. Tubby just sits there. Nothing.

It seems like other coaches come in and support their players. Always working the refs. Tubby just sits there.

We will now see which kids on this team got some heart and keep fighting. It should be the upperclassmen, but I am just not seeing it.

upnortgopherfan said:
We will now see which kids on this team got some heart and keep fighting. It should be the upperclassmen, but I am just not seeing it.

Andre, joe and Austin to me. Oto is playing hard as well.

Even Anouncers Are Now Making Excuses for Tubby

The anemic effort by Gophers today is brushed aside ESPN announcer as Trevor and Mo out for year. Tubby team collapses for second year in a row. Truth is this is a young team that should be getting better as the year goes on. Instead, the players are not getting better, they just might be going backwards.

I don't get how Tubby can just sit on the sideline and not show any emotion, except for staring at his players. EE blocks a shot and gets called for a fouls. Tubby just sits there. Nothing.

It seems like other coaches come in and support their players. Always working the refs. Tubby just sits there.

Of course the cameras shoot over at him when he's frustrated and sitting there. Sometimes silence can be a powerful motivator, but the hell's he supposed to do when a team looks like this? Tubby's not the only one this happens to.

When will people realize the Gopher bb program is not on solid ground.

A 5-13 B10 record is very possible now. I thought the end of last year was rock bottom but they are still falling. I wonder if Tubby re-evaluates things this off-season.

Thought they could come back then after 16:00 mark they stopped trying entirely Tubby can't play for the team this is sickening

Dancing hot chicks on ESPN2. No use bitching anymore y'all.

Of course the cameras shoot over at him when he's frustrated and sitting there. Sometimes silence can be a powerful motivator, but the hell's he supposed to do when a team looks like this? Tubby's not the only one this happens to.

isn't his job to get them prepared and ready to play? there is no defense for this type of effort at home in a conference game. trying to deflect any criticism of Tubby for this effort is not facing the reality that are many things wrong with this team including the head coach and will continue as such for the forseeable futire.

isn't his job to get them prepared and ready to play? there is no defense for this type of effort at home in a conference game. trying to deflect any criticism of Tubby for this effort is not facing the reality that are many things wrong with this team including the head coach and will continue as such for the forseeable futire.

n/m

but, the Dance team is national champions again.... guys?

The Gophers have had a rough year in regards to injury; however, this is the same group of guys who beat Indiana AT Indiana in January. They are a young team but with great coaching, young players generally become better throughout the season. This is exactly the opposite of what has happened this season. Today, this team knew what it needed to do to keep any hopes for NCAA tourney play alive and unfortunately, it didn't capitalize. So disappointed.

but, the Dance team is national champions again.... guys?

If anything, have to appreciate the irony of the men's basketball buffoonery on one ESPN station while on the other ESPN station, the women's dance team wins another national title. So, I guess it's a big congrats on one end and a big...well...um....nevermind.

This team is soo hard to watch. You want to cheer for them and then they go 5 minutes without scoring a point and turn over the ball eight times. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't win another game this year. If I were the new AD I wouldn't extend Orlando's contract until I see how his team performs next year despite the fact it might hurt his recruiting (not that his recruiting has been spectacular).

The Gophers have had a rough year in regards to injury; however, this is the same group of guys who beat Indiana AT Indiana in January. They are a young team but with great coaching, young players generally become better throughout the season. This is exactly the opposite of what has happened this season. Today, this team knew what it needed to do to keep any hopes for NCAA tourney play alive and unfortunately, it didn't capitalize. So disappointed.

+19

The team/program is going in the wrong direction.

Top Bottom