Theret and Tinsley?

Flatfoot

Senior Moment
Reaction score
Sorry, I probably missed this in a thread, but does anyone know if Theret and Tinsley will get out of the dog house? Do you think they will see the field on game day if and when they do?

I know it is tough to reign in everyone especially at these ages, but from what I read on the Hole these guys showed some promise... just curious.

MV has said that Tinsley is dressed and participating in practices, and Theret is dressed but not participating.

My inference (and it is only that) is that Tinsley is in line to start the first game, but that Theret may be suspended a game or two before he gets back on the field.

I think the internal sanctions are getting more strict with Brew being burned a few times, and the depth growing. But for a senior, I think you'll see more of a symbolic punishment. I'm guessing one game for Theret, maybe two if he needs a week to get in game shape knowing we probably won't need him for the second game anyway.

My guess is that the coach will do a Barry Alvarez and be all tough until the opening whistle, then it will be all hands on deck.

My guess is that the coach will do a Barry Alvarez and be all tough until the opening whistle, then it will be all hands on deck.

Yeah, well, if you listen to the consensus here, he'd better win or it'll be lights out. Alvarez hasn't exactly dragged Wisconsin's name through the mud, unless you pay attention to the nonsense on this site. So what do you people want us to win at, football games or discipline ratings? Sometimes that's the choice: Make sure you have your best lineup on the field and hope you can do a balancing act with discipline or turn it around and pray your fans will stick with you through the tough times. We've already seen what Gopher fans do.

Yeah, well, if you listen to the consensus here, he'd better win or it'll be lights out. Alvarez hasn't exactly dragged Wisconsin's name through the mud, unless you pay attention to the nonsense on this site. So what do you people want us to win at, football games or discipline ratings? Sometimes that's the choice: Make sure you have your best lineup on the field and hope you can do a balancing act with discipline or turn it around and pray your fans will stick with you through the tough times. We've already seen what Gopher fans do.

The big difference here is that Barry Alvarez never had to deal with a battalion of writers and radio personalities looking to dump on the Badgers and him first opportunity they got. The Madison press is extremely friendly to the UW sports programs and don't exactly look hard to break stories when there is bad behavior on the teams. Brewster has had an uphill battle with the press in the Cities, and has since day one. Damn him for being so positive when he first came in...:rolleyes:

That said, of course there is a balancing act between discipline and success. Everyone knows that. Every program deals with it.

Top Bottom