There are 6 teams better than .500 in Big Ten Conference Play over the last 5 years. (OSU, MI, IA, PSU, wi, MN)

Just read divisions are going away. I don't pay much attention. So this was the last chance. Gophers will never make the Big Ten championship so their super bowl is now the Wisconsin and Iowa pair of games?

Just read divisions are going away. I don't pay much attention. So this was the last chance. Gophers will never make the Big Ten championship so their super bowl is now the Wisconsin and Iowa pair of games?

You just learned divisions are going away?

You are right, you don’t pay much attention.

Go Gophers!!

==

- OSU and Michigan far and away the best
- PSU next, and removing losses to OSU and Mich right up there
- Iowa defense gets a bunch of wins against crap West offenses

- rest is a gradient from middling to bad

Ahhhh, you people who keep pointing out provable facts and posting objective data and coming up with stats.

You just don't understand how things work at Gopher Hole.
Honestly it could ruin the whole board if we are sticking to facts and ignoring our god given right to knee jerk reactions and preposterous statements.

Honestly it could ruin the whole board if we are sticking to facts and ignoring our god given right to knee jerk reactions and preposterous statements.

True.

I've had some great belly-laughs reading some of the hair-on-fire Gopher Hole takes since Kaliakmanis decided to transfer out. Laughter is the best medicine, they say.

True.

I've had some great belly-laughs reading some of the hair-on-fire Gopher Hole takes since Kaliakmanis decided to transfer out. Laughter is the best medicine, they say.
It’s amazing how hot people get sometimes and the absurdity of the posts. I hope they are genuinely that jacked up and it’s not a bit but either way I laugh.

It’s amazing how hot people get sometimes and the absurdity of the posts. I hope they are genuinely that jacked up and it’s not a bit but either way I laugh.
It’s a bad sign when one of our most level headed posters is a badger fan :)

Ahhhh, you people who keep pointing out provable facts and posting objective data and coming up with stats.

You just don't understand how things work at Gopher Hole.
To be fair...facts can be very misleading without explanation.

But I think Fleck is a very good coach. And the Covid year shouldn't count...which makes Fleck look even better.

The photo is too large to upload...so I will tell you.

My friend posted on FB: $39.95 for a wood burning stove...with a photo of a little stove made out of wood.

I responded: For $39/mo...I'll hook you up with 100 fans blowing hot air every day & night.

But I was told the foundation is crumbling

Some rarefied air there for the Gophers to be breathing...

To be fair...facts can be very misleading without explanation.

But I think Fleck is a very good coach. And the Covid year shouldn't count...which makes Fleck look even better.

Yes, true. And knee-jerk reactions can be immune to facts, and they require no explanations/analysis at all.

==

- OSU and Michigan far and away the best
- PSU next, and removing losses to OSU and Mich right up there
- Iowa defense gets a bunch of wins against crap West offenses

- rest is a gradient from middling to bad

So... do you put Iowa in your "middling to bad" category, seeing as how you feel the Iowa defense "gets a bunch of wins against crap West offenses"?

I only ask because Iowa is currently ranked #16 in the CFP poll. This means there are only 15 (total) teams in all of college football the pollsters believe to be better than Iowa.

Is a Top 16 team "Middling to bad"? Perhaps, to use a favorite Barreiro-ism, even "mediocre"?

The Top 15 are, I dunno, decent, maybe... and everybody else is just "mediocre"?

Last edited:

Hint: take a look at what happened this year when Iowa played the only team on its schedule that is better than middling.

It was a 0-31 whipping by Penn State.

That’s your answer. Plain and simple.

Easily one of the worst 10+ win teams in modern college football.

Hint: take a look at what happened this year when Iowa played the only team on its schedule that is better than middling.

On offense yes—one of the very worst teams in all of football. On defense and special teams however —one of the very best in all of college football. Thats what Iowa does —and that’s how they win.

I would agree with you if you said

Easily one of the worst power 5 10+ win teams.

I think there are some G5 10 win teams that I wouldn’t pick to beat them this year.

Glad to see you spreading your normal hockey forum positivity over here as well.

Top Bottom