THE WORST STATE AND FANS EVER

DiehardGopher

Reaction score
Rest in Minnesota. We win a game and you complain about students, who have been stellar to this point this year. You just love to find something to bitch about. This season is a bit of an adjustment, people underestimated how cold it would be up in the stands with 15 mph wind in our face for over 3 hours in mid-30's temperatures. Now that people know how cold it will be, I am sure people will make the adjustments.

Stop it........

People who live in Minnesota go through Minnesota Winters every year and are *VERY* aware of how to dress on cold days.......

We win...they'll come...it's that simple.......

No I won't stop it. People post their opinions and I will post mine. I've lived in minnesota my whole life and I underestimated how cold it would be. Bottom line is outdoor football is new to everyone unless you are fortunate enough to have been to games in Memorial. Face it, in this state people can't just be happy, they need to bitch about something. And this week, that something is the student section.

Enjoy.

I love our students but I do get tired of the constant harangue about how rockin the students are and how the rest of us just sit on our hands and whine about anybody who shows any enthusiasm. Well today the only section that wasn't full was the student section. Not a criticism just a fact. I thought the crowd over all was wonderful and I thought the students who did show up did a great job of infecting TCF with enthusiasm. JMO

I love our students but I do get tired of the constant harangue about how rockin the students are and how the rest of us just sit on our hands and whine about anybody who shows any enthusiasm.

Welcome to being a student in years past. This year has been the only year since i've been in school where people haven't been throwing out negative comments about the student section. This all gets back to a point I made in another thread where I said people in this state just love to complain about something.

Ah, but Diehard -- you're complaining about the complaining. ... :p ... It's the Catch-22 of GopherHole!

That said, I tend to agree with your point more than disagree. I guess I'd just say it's not "Minnesota and Minnesotans" as much as it is the anonymity of the 'net. I think a lot of folks here are actually infiltrators from Canada. ...
sarcasm.gif

countdownclub.jpg

A terrible team, in a terrible city, with a terrible stadium, with terrible fans...
- Common Man

Yak yak a dack. I al... I al... I always love that one.

speaking of complaining, did you see the thread of comments on the Strib site, holy crap, you'd have thought we were 0 and 5 and had the worst team in the country...all of them were writing about how a "terrible" PU team handed us the win, the "Goofers" haven't beaten anybody, Weber is the worst QB they've ever seen...Geez it was unreal. Only a few posted congratulated the team on a nice win. The Gophers get no love from most of the sporting idiots in this town, cuz all they do is follow their beloved Vikes and have another beer.

Top Bottom