The tide in the fan base seems to be a changin

There has always been good will towards gopher football, a general sense among almost all people in the state that "I want the Gophers to do well, I just am not going to spend much time worrying about it during Vikings season, or during hockey season, at least until they are good, or beat wisconsin."

Now I think there's a sense of "Hey that's really cool they're winning, I'll wear my Gopher sweatshirt on Saturday and tune in to the game."

Next step is either winning a division title, or beating wisconsin. Do either of those and those fans will start buying tickets, talking smack to badger fans, and start paying attention at a higher level.
Iowa is only a rival to those around Iowa fans, wisconsin is the game that perks up ears around the TC area, and the only way to fully crank the fanbase up is to beat the bagders.

Next year.

Ole: I fixed it for you!

NOW is the time for the Gopher marketing team to put together an "early bird" season ticket campaign. Strike while the iron is HOT. Any bets on whether this will happen? I'm betting "not".

Well todays new "Scholarship Donations" can shoot down any hope for building on the recent success of the team......Good job Maturi/Kahler

Well todays new "Scholarship Donations" can shoot down any hope for building on the recent success of the team......Good job Maturi/Kahler

Man did they every screw up. I can't see season ticket numbers going up next year now. With Nebraska and Wisconsin coming to town next year I was hoping our ticket sales would go up and fans would show up so it wasn't 50/50 in the stadium. Guess I'll just have to put up with all the red in our stands again.

Yeah now I've just become too depressed to even get cheered up reading the good vibes on this thread

NOW is the time for the Gopher marketing team to put together an "early bird" season ticket campaign. Strike while the iron is HOT. Any bets on whether this will happen? I'm betting "not".

The only flaw with what you said is the fact that you clearly have common sense and what you said makes sense.

Looks like you got your wish based on the new "ticket campaign" announced last night!

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom