The Ticket 105 - "Duke Radio"

alchemy2u

Reaction score
The U wins the NIT, and next day 105 has Tyus live on the radio for the whole evening drive show. It has turned into Duke Radio with callers asking about The Duke line-ups, etc... He is a top high school player, but when have they ever had a incoming Gopher player for the whole show? Sure would have been nice to have some of the Gopher players on discussing their experiences in winning the championship!

Give Pitino another year or two and all the local media coverage will be focused on the Gophers.

Sounds like Tyus's younger brother is a big Duke fan, count him as gone.

Sounds like Tyus's younger brother is a big Duke fan, count him as gone.

What is he like a 2018 kid? Coach K maybe on his swan song by then, he's said he thinks he'll coach 5 more years.

Is his brother even good enough to play D1 let alone for Duke? I know he is young but he was a non factor for his team this year so who knows how good this kid is at basketball, probably a little premature to say he is good enough for a blue blood like duke already

Give Pitino another year or two and all the local media coverage will be focused on the Gophers.

As good as Tyus is, it makes little sense for the radio station to have him on all the time as a Duke commit. Can't believe the station is still on the air and especially that show).

There's some good national stuff on The Ticket (John Feinstein), but the Superstar and Sansavere are about the least talented and least knowledgable duo you can find on sports radio. Those 2 should stick to the Vikings. It's all they know. At least Reusse and Barreiro are interesting and have some knowledge of the sports they're talking about.

Tyus has had his own "weekly" show with them for most of the winter. Jack Jablonski has a weekly hockey show with them as well. They're just trying to be as creative as possible since they have no real hope of competing with Barreiro or Reusse. Kinda painful to listen to Mike Morris talk about the Wild or Gopher basketball or any non football topic.

Is his brother even good enough to play D1 let alone for Duke? I know he is young but he was a non factor for his team this year so who knows how good this kid is at basketball, probably a little premature to say he is good enough for a blue blood like duke already
Maybe the kid will be the next Jadee Jones.

What is he like a 2018 kid? Coach K maybe on his swan song by then, he's said he thinks he'll coach 5 more years.

Coach K will say he is going to be coaching for 5 more years until his last year, simply for recruiting purposes.

Coach K will say he is going to be coaching for 5 more years until his last year, simply for recruiting purposes.

Exactly. The last thing a coach wants recruits to think is that there is a chance of him leaving and not being there for him. Even if that coach is seriously considering leaving for another job, he will reassure the recruit that he won't leave. Until he does.

With Gary Trent Jr. and Tyus in front of him at the guards it's difficult for him to be a factor.

I can't see him getting offered by the blue bloods. He looked like an average JV player to me this season and put up 4 ppg with his Howard Pulley team this summer. I still think he'll be getting D-1 offers though!

Top Bottom