The Thread that shall not speak it's name

tato2001

Reaction score
So, I tried to be optimistic after last week's win, but this is the nightmare scenario I've been dreading (and scared to speak of) all summer:

The Gophers get off to a bad start (or, I guess, suffer an abysmally bad loss: honestly didn't see this coming), it becomes obvious Brewster is a lame duck and the team has nothing to play for. Season goes from merely unsatisfactory, to complete disaster.

...well, here we are staring that scenario dead in the face. I am scared. VERY scared. The program could be in for several years of pain, because as questionable of Brewster as I am, starting over sounds HORRIBLE.

If they don't make a "kill shot" hire, they're screwed.

Need to get a good coach...Brewster unfortunately is not.

You said...I think this team has a difficult time getting over this loss. Especially since it seems that the fan base is turning on Brewster. If we get blown out by USC it could be the nail in the coffin for this season and lead to a 1 win season.

You said...I think this team has a difficult time getting over this loss. Especially since it seems that the fan base is turning on Brewster. If we get blown out by USC it could be the nail in the coffin for this season and lead to a 1 win season.

if it is true that 1/2 team walked off without shaking hands and heading down to the student section losing the fan base might be the least of Brewster's worries. He may have already lost his team after 2 games.

I think we really missed our senior safeties today. If both of them had played, I think we'd have won by at least a couple of touchdowns.

It's definitely true that Brewster was the only one out there for the Alma Mater. I stayed and watched. He was alone. And he didn't look upbeat.

Top Bottom