The State of the Program

BroncoRedux

Reaction score
I'm reminded of what Red told Andy: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

With the current state of the Gopher football program, do I ever dare hope again?

I give you permission to hope. Next year will be a lot of fun, unless you have formed the delusional belief that the season is a failure if we fail to qualify for the CFP. We will be playing great opponents. I suspect that PJ will be attempting to play a form of 21st Century offense (because Tressel Ball is a pointless, dispiriting and boring dead end against superior, high octane opponents). Enjoy the coming season. Enjoy the Gopher players’ efforts. Enjoy life. Over and out.

I give you permission to hope. Next year will be a lot of fun, unless you have formed the delusional belief that the season is a failure if we fail to qualify for the CFP. We will be playing great opponents. I suspect that PJ will be attempting to play a form of 21st Century offense (because Tressel Ball is a pointless, dispiriting and boring dead end against superior, high octane opponents). Enjoy the coming season. Enjoy the Gopher players’ efforts. Enjoy life. Over and out.
Boy, I hope you’re right about the offense. I can deal with pretty much anything as long as that changes. I worry about PJ’s combination of IQ and stubbornness and struggle to see light at the end of the tunnel but I appreciate your prediction and will take it to heart.

As someone who plays a little pickup bball with the FogDog, Fleck would love to have Ricky as QB. Ricky never passes the ball anymore to anyone.
The problem is that Fleck never allows his QBs to run.

We find a serviceable QB who can complete a 5yrd pass we will be improved. Let’s see what PJ picks up in the portal, hopefully some linebackers and D Backs too. I’m optimistic we’ll get healthy and plug some holes. Im sure PJ is working the phones like a mad man

there is always hope.

But I for one like to keep my sights somewhat reasonable. You can hope that you'll win the Powerball, but you need to understand what the odds are.

Likewise, you can Hope that the Gophers win the B1G, but you need to understand what the odds are.

I hope the Gophers can play competitive football and win at least 6 games so we don't have to sweat out the APR to quality for a bowl game.

at the same time - with the portal going crazy and some top QB's heading to the NFL, the conference could look very different next year. the schedule that looks challenging today may look less challenging next Fall. we are sailing into uncharted waters. who knows what we might find at the end of our voyage?

I agree with the previous post that lots of qb talent is leaving, McCarthy, Nix, Williams, Pennix which is going to bring at least 3 of those teams back to the pack at least a little. The 8th year of a program should put you in a position at a minimum for a winning conference record most every year. Keep in mind goals are just that, no guarantees or promises, just something to shoot for. Of course sometimes, when the stars align a New Years bowl should be in play.

Always the best way to be a fan! Very well stated Gophergrandpa!

Being a Gopher Football fan is fatiguing. Maybe I am getting too old to care anymore. Hope is not a strategy. I’ve been running on hope for 45 years. I’m going to start caring less.

Just heard what Jim Harbaugh thought of Iowa. He probably thinks the same of the gophers. We have no chance.

Top Bottom