The Spelling and Grammar on this Board

Handsome Pete

Wartime Hero Fool
Reaction score
I would like to pay a compliment to everyone on this board for the almost uniformly proper syntax, grammar, and spelling in the posts. I truly think it speaks to the (usually) high quality of discourse here.

Good lord, I just looked at the Rivals front page for 30 seconds and learned that Brewster is making a "habbit" of closing the "boarder".

I would like to pay a compliment to everyone on this board for the almost uniformly proper syntax, grammar, and spelling in the posts. I truly think it speaks to the (usually) high quality of discourse here.

Good lord, I just looked at the Rivals front page for 30 seconds and learned that Brewster is making a "habbit" of closing the "boarder".

your awsome. :)sarcasticwink)

"Almost uniformly"?

Is that like being "extremely average"?

Doh!

studs....Pete appreciates conversations and comments that are "amazingly adequate".

I'm Finding This "Hole" Thread

Clearly vague.

Somewhere

John Lennon and Norm Crosby are smiling.

Like Ralph Wiggum said, "Me flunked English? That's unpossible!"

My son proudly wore a button that stated: "I is a college student".

If that is all you have to talk about is grammar and spelling then you should get a life.

If that is all you have to talk about is grammar and spelling then you should get a life.

The awkward parallel construction in the first clause is scandalous. Aim for greater economy. So, for instance: "If all you have to talk about..."

:drink:

Question on this topic... Should one say: "I could care less", or "I couldn't care less"???????? Either? Neither? Both? I get so dizzy sometimes.

The awkward parallel construction in the first clause is scandalous. Aim for greater economy. So, for instance: "If all you have to talk about..."

:drink:

technically unless the speaker was speaking to a singular addressee, which i did not infer from his context, then he would be addressing more than one person so it would be proper to have said "if all ye have to talk about..." or my favorite second person plural pronoun "ya'll". both are more grammatically correct than "you" when addressing more than one person.

Question on this topic... Should one say: "I could care less", or "I couldn't care less"???????? Either? Neither? Both? I get so dizzy sometimes.

It depends on whether or not you could care less. And since you're the only one who could possibly answer this, it strikes me as odd that you seem confused on the matter. This is not unlike you asking "What is my favorite color?" and really meaning it.

But we're talking about the good Doctor Don here, he could care less, and he couldn't care less at the same time. In fact he might care more ... or less also. He's allowed confusion on this one.

Thank you Schnoods....It is all quite extremely clear to me now. In fact, I think I think more than most people think I think, I think.

Thank you Schnoods....It is all quite extremely clear to me now. In fact, I think I think more than most people think I think, I think.

If you were one quarter as smart as you think you are, you would be twice as smart as you really are, which is till four times smarter than your kid, even if his IQ were quadrupled.

I am now so confused, that I don't even know what to think, that I know.

I think he said you think you are eight times smarter than you actually are. Which seems like a good thing, confidence is good right? And I believe either you're 16 times smarter than your kid or twice as smart as your kid, depending on what studwell's base point was. So the real question is, how smart is your kid?

Way too much math.

Thanks Schnoods...now I think I understand. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

DING DING DING

GI's new headline: "Parish's Discuss Commitment"

Where did these people go to school? Wisconsin?

GI's new headline: "Parish's Discuss Commitment"

Where did these people go to school? Wisconsin?

Maybe they were thinking this had something to do with running track at the U and thought the Parishes had brought their own discus, which apparently also committed somewhere??? :confused:

I don't know, what do you think Pete???:D

Top Bottom