The sky is falling

I feel like I’m nothing but a curse and bad luck. 😔😣 Like the Gophers will never win another game. 😔😣 😢😥😭

I also feel like this coaching staff will be in the hot seat as they won’t win another game this year. Morgan is not and was not the answer. Defense isn’t good and commits are dropping like flies. The QBs leaving at the end of last year is hurting us again now as our backups are terrible.

With USC and UCLA coming into the fold, the divisions going away, etc. we might as well admit that the best the Gophers football can do is low to mid ranking bowl games.

Sky is not falling. Its actual reality setting in. MN is a middle of the road team with average at best talent. Nothing more nothing less. The 4-0 start got everyone excited. They are most likely a 7-8 win team and will probably win a game you dont think they will this year.

Is saying anything negative considered a ridiculous take to you? What are we supposed to say after this game? ‘The West is our next year boys!’ We laid an egg against Purdue and straight up got BEAT today at our own game by a better team with a Gopher team that Fleck was most excited about…. Realistically we will prob lose next week (we can win but prob not). That will be a 3 game losing streak. It’s not like we have a great Big Ten recruiting class coming in. I don’t see a lot of positive stuff to say other than we have a great stadium and pretty uniforms

I feel like I’m nothing but a curse and bad luck. 😔😣 Like the Gophers will never win another game. 😔😣 😢😥😭

I also feel like this coaching staff will be in the hot seat as they won’t win another game this year. Morgan is not and was not the answer. Defense isn’t good and commits are dropping like flies. The QBs leaving at the end of last year is hurting us again now as our backups are terrible.

With USC and UCLA coming into the fold, the divisions going away, etc. we might as well admit that the best the Gophers football can do is low to mid ranking bowl games.
I want to be disappointed and am, but that has been the gophers since the 60's

It appears that is what we will always be.

Defense was OK today for being on the field 40 frikkin minutes. Having to defend 86 plays! Defense’s only real problem is that it just doesn’t get turnovers.

Our defense needs some complementary football from the offense. Didn’t get it. Passing game is moribund.

We need to start getting Athan game experience for next year. And we need to get into the portal for WRs for next year. When Mo is gone next year, we must have a passing game. Must.

Defense was OK today for being on the field 40 frikkin minutes. Having to defend 86 plays! Defense’s only real problem is that it just doesn’t get turnovers.

Our defense needs some complementary football from the offense. Didn’t get it. Passing game is moribund.

We need to start getting Athan game experience for next year. And we need to get into the portal for WRs for next year. When Mo is gone next year, we must have a passing game. Must.
Why did they have to defend 86 plays?

It's because they couldn't get off the field, sir.

We were allowed to get some three and outs, right?

Did chase run for 220, and their qb look like Tom Brady due to our offense?

Yes, but IMHO the more tired a defense gets, the tougher it is to get off the fiend. Offense has to keep the ball more than 19:54 minutes, if only to let the defense catch its breath.

Yes, but IMHO the more tired a defense gets, the tougher it is to get off the fiend. Offense has to keep the ball more than 19:54 minutes, if only to let the defense catch its breath.
We couldn't get off the field starting with the opening drive, sir. Were they tired?

We have the ball for way more than 19:54 if we aren't letting them go on 17 play drives. That was going on all game. it was pathetic. Hell, the guy started something like 12/13 passing. What a joke!

How many second and 15's, or 3rd and 8's did they have? Many due to penalties. they'd get it ever single time.

The defense blew chunks, and that has me down.

On the positive side, I've heard the weather in Charlotte can be quite nice in late December.

Ge

Did chase run for 220, and their qb look like Tom Brady due to our offense?your point, but Chase Broen ran for 180 (still horrendous)(he caught 3 passes for an additional 53).
Brown ran for 180, but I get your point. I think we were bad on both sides of the ball, not just defense.

Well lots of folks like myself care more about the trophy games than div or conf titles. They’ll never win any of that except maybe once in 10 years.
Lots of folks? That's the reason people don't demand more of this program. I've said it many times. D1 football is big time entertainment - nothing else. I wouldn't care one bit if this program had some SEC-like sugar daddy that was paying the players bags of cash, hookers, blow, Corvettes etc. if it meant they won a natty (and didn't get caught.)

The Gophers have been exposed. Looking at 8-4
at best—maybe even 7-5 !!

The Gophers have been exposed. Looking at 8-4
at best—maybe even 7-5 !!
Sadly, that seems realistic now. They should get at least 3 more wins (Rutgers, Northwestern and either Iowa or Nebraska). Road games at Penn St. and Wisconsin look to be uphill battles.

I don't believe that is going to happen.

I did two weeks ago, but not now.
I’m beginning to sink into the abyss of a new dark age, made more sinister by the lights of a perverted conference. 🥺

Lots of folks? That's the reason people don't demand more of this program. I've said it many times. D1 football is big time entertainment - nothing else. I wouldn't care one bit if this program had some SEC-like sugar daddy that was paying the players bags of cash, hookers, blow, Corvettes etc. if it meant they won a natty (and didn't get caught.)
LOL demand more of the program? How do you suggest the audience bands together to force better results? Life is too short and I like too many other things (including other sports) to put all my eggs in the college football basket. I like the trophy games and if they’d win 50% of those at least I’ll be very happy with my entertainment.

Top Bottom