The SEC starting 3-6 against Power 5 opponents.

Iceland12

Reaction score
That's it. Don't think it'll last but savoring the moment while I can.

"I’m not declaring the dynasty dead yet, but the cracks are showing. Alabama is 4-3 in its past seven Power 5 games and suffered its first double-digit home loss since 2004. I’ll stick to my preseason prediction that Saban loses three games for the first time since 2010."..

6. The SEC is having an extremely un-SEC start to the season. We’re used to seeing its teams not just win but dominate these big early season nonconference games. This year, it’s been the total opposite. Utah 24, Florida 11. North Carolina 31, South Carolina 17. Florida State 45, LSU 24. Miami 48, Texas A&M 33. Texas 34, Alabama 24.

That doesn’t mean the nation’s strongest conference of the past 16 years suddenly stinks. It just means the selection committee should not afford it the automatic benefit of the doubt it has received in the past..

7. Meanwhile, the one league that never gets the benefit of the doubt, and may well be dissolved by next week, is out here living its absolute best life. The Pac-12 got to 18-0, the best start by any conference since the 1978 FBS/FCS split, before Arizona lost to Mississippi State in overtime. With wins Saturday by Colorado over Nebraska, Washington State over Wisconsin, Oregon at Texas Tech and Utah at Baylor, the Pac-12 is now 6-3 against Power 5 foes.

The SEC should NOT get the benefit of the doubt ever.
Maybe Georgia and Alabama should

But just because Florida won two national titles with urban Meyer, auburn won one with Cam Newton, doesn’t mean 9-3 LSU is better than 9-3 Florida state.

Doesn’t mean 8-4 mississippi state is better than 8-4 Minnesota

Currently there are two programs that have won national championships with their current head coaches in the SEC. Not 5-6

Could have been 1-8. Cal should have beat Auburn and Arizona lost to Miss State in OT.

Top Bottom