The Mayor - flu

Ope3

Reaction score
Fred Hoiberg has been diagnosed with the flu. He did look really rough, from the opening tip. Given his heart condition and the virus in general, could still be quite serious. Hope the Mayor gets well soon.

Very confused as to why he was coaching. I’m glad it is “just” the flu as it likely allows the tournament to continue.

The tournament is fortunate he tested positive for something - in this case influenza A. COVID19 testing can have a high number of false negatives which would have left them in a tougher spot.

I'm assuming he didn't develop flu seasons during game. Probably should've stayed away to begin with. But coaches are stubborn

I'm going to Vegas specifically to watch tourney. Better not get fucked up

He showed very little concern for everyone who was in contact with him for even those who had been immunized can get sick.
It was not stubborn but irresponsible and selfish.
Believe we should continue on with the comments about him as it was absolutely stupid of him to be around the players and on the court. Shows his true character.

This is why they needed to cancel the season for everyone. Some will gut out being sick and hope to win and others will prematurely pull their teams out as a precaution.

Than

Thank goodness it was "just the flu" cause that has only killed 30,000 compared to the Cvirus which has killed 41!
You’re showing your ignorance. Coronavirus is at least ten times more lethal than influenza genius.

Last edited:

As it turns out, Fred may have given everyone the reality check needed. Listening to Andy Katz - having him taken away in an ambulance, leaving everyone wondering what was going to happen, what his diagnosis would turn out to be and the ramifications, brought the realistic need to cancel home for everyone there.

You’re showing your ignorance. Coronavirus is at least ten times more lethal than influenza genius.
You don't actually know that. Get up off your chair, your voice will be less muffled by the cushion.

Top Bottom