The key point in losing the game

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
2nd quarter. 1st and goal from the 1 yard line. run up the middle for a gain of 6 inches. then on the next play Fisch calls a play action pass? Later in the game it became clear the Illini had no answer for the quick dive to Hoese in short yardage. I can't understand why Fisch wouldn't try to punch it in again. If they don't get it on 2nd then MAYBE you pass it on 3rd. However, that call cost the Gophers 4 points in a game they lost by 3.

YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!!

this was inexcusable!!!! 1st and goal from the 1, 4 QB sneaks would have been fine. This was the WORST coaching decision I have seen since.................................. the Wisconsin game!!! when he made the same pass call on a 1st and goal from the 1 and we got called for a chop block. F'ing Fisch was an idiot, obviously he doesn't learn and the coaching staff is fine with these types of decisions!!!!!

Actually the key play was Adam Weber's pass to the Illinois CB for 6. Inexcusable for a D1 QB to make play like that.

I agree

No excuse for not running the full-back who has no negative carries this year. On the interception Weber never even stepped when he threw the ball. Just threw it flat footed. My son and I ran the play over and couldn't believe his terrible tech.

Actually the key play was Adam Weber's pass to the Illinois CB for 6. Inexcusable for a D1 QB to make play like that.

Agree, the Fisch pass call was not the key point in the game, it was however my boiling point, I feel bad for those sitting around me who had to listen to me tear Fisch apart the rest of the game.

Did anyone else notice Royston playing 25 yards off the line of scrimmage on the first down play that basically ended the game????? I would love Cosgrove to explain this one too???? Did we need over the top help in case they passed it, in which case Zook would lose his job so I think we were safe from something like that???? THe RB got the first down right off the edge, where our safety should have been. F'ing unreal

A ball that never should have been thrown. And a third year starter.
Also: O line and dropped passes by wrs and dbs.

At least they cut down on dumb penalities and seemed a little more in control of their brains.

Top Bottom