The Interesting Thing about Henderson

The 12th Man

Reaction score
I don't know what he will choose, but any choice other than Minnesota would be ho-hum. I keep coming back to this.

Ho-hum to us perhaps, but not necessarily to him and his family.

As much as I would love to see SH come to the U (not Miami - we're the original 'U'), I presume he's going to make the decision that's best for him, "ho-hum" to us, or not. And that's all we can really hope for - that Minnesota is the best fit for him, and that he agrees.

That said, I'll still be figuratively crossing my fingers until Wednesday.

Unscientific research:

Record viewers at OSU's rival site is 43,931. USC's record is 34,013.

The record at Minnesota rivals is 1,310. Someone started a thread today because Gopherhole had over 600 viewers.

Ho hum

Miami is the original "U", I hate to break it to you Gopher BG. They have one multiple ncaa championships and have many nfl rosters filled with hurricanes.

Miami is the original "U", I hate to break it to you Gopher BG. They have one multiple ncaa championships and have many nfl rosters filled with hurricanes.

We also have "one" multiple ncaa championships and have Gophers on NFL rosters (albeit not as many) and neither of those facts has any relevance as to which school is the "U". Too lazy to search for the thread that discussed this, but the topic has been suficiently beaten to death.

Miami (FL) Founded 1925
The U Founded 1851.

NCAA Championships one (or won, or whatever)
Miami 5
The U 6

Minnesota: Known as The U since 1851.
Miami: Known as The U since 1972 for athletics, since 2006 for academics too.

We have Miami beat by over 100 hundred years.

Miami was never really that relevant until Schnellenberger got there, in fact the program was in complete shambles and on the brink of being cut until he turned it around.

I think what's most interesting about Seantrel Henderson is how low key and humble he has been. If I was wildly popular as a teenager, I would have been obnoxiously arrogant and self-centered. He seems quite grounded. Somebody taught the young man right.

Miami was never really that relevant until Schnellenberger got there, in fact the program was in complete shambles and on the brink of being cut until he turned it around.

That's a lie and you know it. Even the 1929 Miami team was full of braggarts and rabble rousers who proudly represented the U. Who could forget when RB Jimmy "Quick Feet" Hamm danced the Charleston atop a flagpole after scoring a touchdown against Army? Or when Buggsy "Slick" Samuelson coined the phrase "The U" during a newsreel interview?

Know your history, people!

I think what's most interesting about Seantrel Henderson is how low key and humble he has been. If I was wildly popular as a teenager, I would have been obnoxiously arrogant and self-centered. He seems quite grounded. Somebody taught the young man right.

Now you'll have to settle for being an obnoxiously arrogant and self-centered anonymous internet poster.

I kid, I kid...it was just hanging out there.

I was wrong about the year Miami began using The U. It was not 1972, but 1973. Here's a little info confirming this from Miami's website:

In 1973, UM’s Athletic Federation, the fund raising arm of the athletic department at the the time, commissioned a local public relations expert to develop a distinctive logo. The University had gone several years with a variety of helmet and uniform changes and the Federation noted that a number of major colleges have the initials UM. Miami designer Bill Bodenheimer suggested the “U” idea, which lent itself to slogans like “U gotta believe”and “U is great.”

http://www6.miami.edu/UMH/CDA/UMH_Main/1,1770,6583-1;38746-3,00.html

I thought for sure the interesting thing was going to be some pictures that you had of him with livestock that you were going to lord over his head until he signed on the dotted line.

I'm new here, but don't ever disappoint me like that again.

We also have "one" multiple ncaa championships and have Gophers on NFL rosters (albeit not as many) and neither of those facts has any relevance as to which school is the "U". Too lazy to search for the thread that discussed this, but the topic has been suficiently beaten to death.

"one multiple"

Would that be a mutuallyexclusiveoxymoron.

How's that for a big word.

The University of Minnesota has been "The U" far, far longer than Miami has. And in general, "The U" has always referred to whatever the local university is. Miami's marketing campaign (that's all it is) to claim "The U" as their own posession is illegitimate.

I will continue to use "The U" correctly, and continue to inform Miami fans of its correct usage.

My brother works where Henderson and his father buy their suits and dress clothes. My brother said they say it's between Ohio State, USC, and Miami...Seantrel says he doesn't wanna break the backs of MN fans by saying the U is out of the picture.

My brother works where Henderson and his father buy their suits and dress clothes. My brother said they say it's between Ohio State, USC, and Miami...Seantrel says he doesn't wanna break the backs of MN fans by saying the U is out of the picture.

That's not what their barber and lawn care guy say.

Why would he make them waste their time and money that last night doing a big production if they're out of it? Unless we're in on it and want to present it as though we're still in it when we're not, which is possible, I guess.

I don't know what he will choose, but any choice other than Minnesota would be ho-hum. I keep coming back to this.

i hope this is what coach Brewster is saying to him, because i can't imagine any other line that would work better.

Unscientific research:

Record viewers at OSU's rival site is 43,931. USC's record is 34,013.

The record at Minnesota rivals is 1,310. Someone started a thread today because Gopherhole had over 600 viewers.

Ho hum

unscientific retort:

1. i would put money on the fact that usc did not have 34,000 viewers on their rivals site before carrol came along. 2. the state university of ohio is one of the premier powerhouses in the nation. they are the examplar to which other national powerhouses strive be.

conclusion, the minnesota football program is not in the same league as usc and osu. CALL ESPN, we have an investigative reporter on our hands!:rolleyes:

Why would he make them waste their time and money that last night doing a big production if they're out of it? Unless we're in on it and want to present it as though we're still in it when we're not, which is possible, I guess.

maybe the kid likes all the attention or at least from what it seems his father sure does.

my big bold prediction is that he signs with The "U". That would be The "U" of Miami.

maybe the kid likes all the attention or at least from what it seems his father sure does.

my big bold prediction is that he signs with The "U". That would be The "U" of Miami.

Miami of Ohio?

"The U" isn't Miami, no matter what the marketing department at Miami says. It's like believing that Coca Cola is an elixir of life just because they have the marketing slogan "Coke adds life".

unscientific retort:

1. i would put money on the fact that usc did not have 34,000 viewers on their rivals site before carrol came along. 2. the state university of ohio is one of the premier powerhouses in the nation. they are the examplar to which other national powerhouses strive be.

conclusion, the minnesota football program is not in the same league as usc and osu. CALL ESPN, we have an investigative reporter on our hands!:rolleyes:

So you are agreeing that playing football at USC and Ohio State would not be ho hum. Hey, thanks.

So you are agreeing that playing football at USC and Ohio State would not be ho hum. Hey, thanks.

you know exactly what the OP meant. he meant that choosing the gophers over those other schools would be anything but ho hum.

you know exactly what the OP meant. he meant that choosing the gophers over those other schools would be anything but ho hum.

So he meant to say people would be excited if SH became a Gopher. I can't believe someone had the courage to acknowledge that.

"I don't know what he will choose, but any choice other than Minnesota would be ho-hum."

So he meant to say people would be excited if SH became a Gopher. I can't believe someone had the courage to acknowledge that.

"I don't know what he will choose, but any choice other than Minnesota would be ho-hum."

I thought he was noting that Seantrel signing with an Ohio State or USC wouldn't create near the shockwaves that him signing with Minnesota would. He'd be another top recruit going to one of the big-time schools. But if a top recruit goes to......Minnesota??? That would be very contrary to the usual.

my favorite part of gladiator:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/svE2DRRopzE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/svE2DRRopzE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I thought he was noting that Seantrel signing with an Ohio State or USC wouldn't create near the shockwaves that him signing with Minnesota would. He'd be another top recruit going to one of the big-time schools. But if a top recruit goes to......Minnesota??? That would be very contrary to the usual.

that is exactly what he was saying, but maximus is looking for nits to pick.

Top Bottom