The Horton regime

station19

Reaction score
As interim HC, what changes(if any) do you think Horton WILL make. Not what he should make.

I think he will NOT make any recruiting trips via helicopter.

It will be interesting to see what he does with the O, now that he does not answer to anyone else. Gray, Alipate, etc.

Since Horton has called 99% of the plays this year I am not hopeful for positive results during the rest of the season.

As I stated in another thread, Horton's only shot at landing the full-time job means all of the following: trouble finding a coach in a timely matter, Gophers pulling some upsets, players rallying around him, fans supporting him (aka play Gray), and luck.

He'll either lame-duck the end of the year, or he'll go all-in and try something new. I can't see a change in the playbook, but I can see modifications. Gray at QB, wildcat plays, less forcing of the run. If ANYONE has paid attention to college football, or even the Big Ten, they have seen Pryor, Robinson, NU's new kid -- all running when the pass isn't there. Gray can, and should be doing this.

I don't know what changes he can make at this late date with no bye week. We can only really run what we've practiced to date. My guess would be that he might be more aggressive with the playcalling, but I don't see any scheme changes coming our way. I also doubt that he plays Gray, especially against Penn State which may be our most winnable game on the schedule.

Horton is interim, I do not think you fire the head coach to replace him with a OC. He has a couple of games to pretend he is the HC. otherwise if they name him head coach, we are in worst shape than before.

After reading Maturi's statement I think they will completely clean house after the season.

Top Bottom