The Gophers 2023 receiving yard leader will be...

2023 Gophers receving yard leader will be...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stuff

©️
Reaction score
Le'Meke BrockingtonLooked excellent in the Spring game, 203 yards receiving in 2022
Corey Crooms Jr.814 receiving yards at WMU in 2022.
Chris Autman-Bell Coming back from a major injury had 214 yards in 3 games in 2022
Daniel JacksonReceiving yard leader in 2022 with 557 yards.
Brevyn Spann-Ford2nd in receiving yards in 2022 with 497.
Elijah Spencer943 receiving yards with Charlotte named All-Conference Honorable Mention in 2022

Last edited:

Spencer had a nice spring game once Athan and him locked in. Brockington still had a better performance but I wouldn't be surprised is Spencer flourished during the season

I voted Jackson. If I had to bet around 900 yards. Barring injury of course

I'm with team Le'Meke.

The play to beat Wisconsin still looms large for me. Might not be the "logical" choice, but I'm picking a guy who made a play for now in hopes he keeps making them.

Hard to go against Nutz, but Spencer looks really good. I think teams will try and lock down Jackson and BSF initially, opening it up for whoever is open.

I voted Jackson. If I had to bet around 900 yards. Barring injury of course
Same. I wouldn't be surprised by him, CRAB or Spencer but think Jackson already has a leg up with him playing with AK last year.

I went Spencer but that is almost entirely based on the spring game and I feel like there are a number of candidates on that list who could end up being the team leader in receiving yards by the end of the year.

Going to be interesting to see if we do in fact go to the air much more in 2023 and if we do, how the distribution shakes out. We don't have the star power of guys like Bateman and TJ at the moment but we do have a deep group of guys that appear to be quality options. Will be fun to see who emerges as the go to guy.

Same. I wouldn't be surprised by him, CRAB or Spencer but think Jackson already has a leg up with him playing with AK last year.
Definitely think there is a chance that Jackson really breaks out this year. He has increased his production in each of his seasons with the program and shown flashes of being a really good WR.

Nice to not have a clear #1 but have several guys I trust to be very good. So many gopher teams had 1 very good receiving threat. That’s it. This group is deep.

Daniel Jackson or Elijah Spencer.
Jackson is a walking highlight reel with his sideline catches and really has elevated his contested catch game.

I had heard the Spencer hype since the day he transferred, but the Spring Game confirmed he will be a problem for opposing defenses. That guy can grab passes in traffic like no other Gopher I've seen in a long time.

Nice to not have a clear #1 but have several guys I trust to be very good. So many gopher teams had 1 very good receiving threat. That’s it. This group is deep.
Opposing defenses have to pick their....wait for it....POISON!

I anticipate the WRs group as deep and all getting their catches. Therefore I picked Berwyn Spann-Ford.I hope he has a big year.

I don't remember if it was an announcer or a poster in a game thread, but "Nuts" came up when referring to Daniel Jackson.
Game thread. Jackson dropped a pass or fell down or something and a poster said, "Aw nuts, Jackson." Another poster said that would be a good nickname. Here we are lol...

There it is. Run-first Offense. There is no surprise with the low WR production.

I'd like to see BSP and Elijah Spencer get their game going. We haven't seen the promise of preseason.

The coaches should pay more attention to the receiving game as they do with the running game.

Today, Athan was 12-14 (85.7%) with 2 TDs and 1 INT. Not exactly shaky. Play distribution, however, was 51 runs (78.5%) and 14 passes (21.5%). We are what we are, I guess. PJ says “trust the players.” Some players are more trusted than others!

Last edited:

Top Bottom