The expressed difficulties with the stadium

calminnfan

Reaction score
(noise, gates, registers...) for the most part are legitimate issues which can be addressed to everyone's satisfaction, and should be, but the part that is kind of annoying is that the Gophers finally have something that everyone can be proud of and immediately there are complaints.

I think that is why the issues between Brew and KFAN (Barriero et al) are not surprising. Barriero, Ruesse and some others have stabbed at Brew from day one instead of building on all the positive things that have been accomplished since Brew has been here. It is not a matter of criticisms, but obvious dislike for Brew that personally I do not have time for.

Back to the stadium...:) fix the problems and be grateful for the awesome facilities...and pray for more!

I actually like the noise issue. Outside college football games should be loud. Heck, I hear the local high school PA and crowd almost daily depending on the sport. I wonder how loud it is in Stadium Village when we picked one for 6? Anyone outside the stadium at that time?

I actually like the noise issue. Outside college football games should be loud. Heck, I hear the local high school PA and crowd almost daily depending on the sport. I wonder how loud it is in Stadium Village when we picked one for 6? Anyone outside the stadium at that time?

I still can't believe anyone is up-in-arms over the sound. My wife said she heard a petition being started (by neighbors to the stadium) to deal with the sound. If true--what a bunch of babies. Grow up and be happy for the University.

The best part about all the "issues" is that they are all easily correctable except for the noise thing (which to me isn't a problem in the least).
Calculator problem? Either get more people or get some PoS computers.
Running out of food? Stock more.
Long lines? Open 2 more gates.

I think all of these are correctable within the past week except for maybe the calculator issue since ordering and installing PoS might take more than a week.

The best part about all the "issues" is that they are all easily correctable except for the noise thing (which to me isn't a problem in the least).
Calculator problem? Either get more people or get some PoS computers.
Running out of food? Stock more.
Long lines? Open 2 more gates.

I think all of these are correctable within the past week except for maybe the calculator issue since ordering and installing PoS might take more than a week.

Well that plus the fact that Aramark says they aren't going to order any at all. :rolleyes: I predict that eventually the U will get enough heat for Aramark's stupidity that this will change, but not right away.

What are the terms to Aramark's contract? Do they have any performance standards?

My wife said she heard a petition being started (by neighbors to the stadium) to deal with the sound.

How about we pass around our own petition and gather 51,000 signatures at the next game?

I still can't believe anyone is up-in-arms over the sound. My wife said she heard a petition being started (by neighbors to the stadium) to deal with the sound. If true--what a bunch of babies. Grow up and be happy for the University.
Easy to say when you like football and aren't the one living next to it. I understand why people might be irritated with it if they have no interest in football and there was no hint of a stadium when they purchased their property.

Easy to say when you like football and aren't the one living next to it. I understand why people might be irritated with it if they have no interest in football and there was no hint of a stadium when they purchased their property.

If it's a major university campus, there's always a hint of it. It's seven days a year and most of them are during the daytime hours. These people should shut up.

If it's a major university campus, there's always a hint of it. It's seven days a year and most of them are during the daytime hours. These people should shut up.
Well they are helping to fund it whether they like it or not, they deserve a say even if we don't like what it is they express.

I hope they crank the volume up this Saturday!

Gophers have owned their property for 150 years. Next.

it's 7 times a year for 4 hours tops, 28 hours a year. I bet it won't be near as bad this weekend since it is a day game, I think the sound carries better at night. Plus it was dead calm during the game, get a little wind, and a day game and it is a non issue. It is still a non issue. I like the quote that they could "clearly hear it in the house with the windows open", um close your windows?? Go to Perkins, do something else.... Yes they "helped pay for it with their tax dollars", but give me a break, give them each a penny and call it even.

Gophers have owned their property for 150 years. Next.
True but irrelevant.

It's not like these people are actually going to have any ability to force the university to do anything. I don't see why it should be so deeply offensive that they say they don't like something. It's right in their back yard and they're within their rights to raise the issue.

If they think that that is noise they should go to Alexandria and listen every Saturday nite to the obnoxious Viking Speedway that you can hear for miles in every direction. Every Saturday till 11:00 or 11:30 PM and sometimes of Friday and Holidays. No mufflers of course. A football PA voice can't be even close to as bad.

GO GOPHERS
GO AWAY VIKING SPEEDWAY

I think that is why the issues between Brew and KFAN (Barriero et al) are not surprising. Barriero, Ruesse and some others have stabbed at Brew from day one instead of building on all the positive things that have been accomplished since Brew has been here.

Completely changing offenses yearly? All those great recruits we have on the field tearing it up on saturdays? The bowl games?

How about he accomplishs something before getting the accolades.

Completely changing offenses yearly?

The spread led us to both victories this season. The offense has been "changed" once in three seasons. So yeah, yearly.

All those great recruits we have on the field tearing it up on saturdays?

I sure enjoyed Kirksey causing the game-changing fumble last Saturday. The Big Ten's best kickoff return man. Top six rushers are Brew's. Green was key in the final drive at Syracuse. Traye Simmons is one of the best corners in the Big Ten. Simoni Lawrence is pretty good I'd say.

The bowl games?

I was thinking when I was in Tempe last year ... why did I come here again?

When they get the petition signed and bring it to the city council, what will happen? They won't let fans come to the games? I guess the only thing I can think of is the University having to pay for sound proof insulated windows like the airport does.

Imagine the complaints for the Twins stadium next year with ten times as many games!

As for the noise... the only people I feel bad for are those who might have been in church on Saturday evening. I know that there are a handful of churches in the area, and Saturday night services are common, especially among students who cant/dont want to be there early Sunday mornings.

I dont care what religion you are, but if you are praying, you deserve some semblance of peace and quiet.

Other than that...... people need to deal with it and quit whining.

Top Bottom