The end is near for Brewster. Maturi

oak_street1981

Reaction score
deserves to take the gas pipe before Brewster. Maybe the next coach can field a team that will rush for more than 100 yards a game once in a while.

The Bagdahd Bob, Kool Aid drinkers will never admit this even next fall when someone fires their four star recruitng hero
Brewster.

BREWSTER IS IN OVER HIS HEAD, so recruiting stars do not matter. All the talent in the world cannot overcome Tim Brewster.

Brewster will be fired next fall, accepting anything but that reality is a waste of time.

About 15 die hard posters on here will be eating a huge tray of crow.

I will not be smiling after a great opportunity with the new stadium was F'ed up beyond belief.

Whenever I read one of these diatribes here is what I think of:
SouthParkGothKids.jpg

The truth is the truth; that is why I write it. Reply

Why would you take the time to write this?

next fall after I am proven correct. Otherwise go to the Megachurch and drink the kool aid like the sheep do.

Brewster 2010 equals = Martha Coakley

GoAUpher, what is your point???? Censorship?????

Whenever I read one of these diatribes here is what I think of:
SouthParkGothKids.jpg

Do you really think the Brewster isn't anything but a huge failure. Do you not know that the administration is dying to get rid of him????

Drink the Kool Aid heavily, and I'll look for your comments after the USC game.

We're losing him...Nurse, get me a marching band onto University Ave STAT!

icanhascheezburger.jpg

And if finding your over the top rants to be silly and hilarious makes me a kool-aid drinker, then I'd like a refill.

So you are claiming the outside the stadium plan

We're losing him...Nurse, get me a marching band onto University Ave STAT!

icanhascheezburger.jpg

And if finding your over the top rants to be silly and hilarious makes me a kool-aid drinker, then I'd like a refill.

was a success last year?

Ask the owners of the U Garden, or the Arby's franchise about the failures of last year.

The band should have been marching down University Avenue last year. If you think I am out of the mainstream on this, think again.

The whole thing was bush league, with regards to the outside of the stadium environment relative to the rest of the Big Ten, outside of NU or IU.

Do you really think the Brewster isn't anything but a huge failure. Do you not know that the administration is dying to get rid of him????

Drink the Kool Aid heavily, and I'll look for your comments after the USC game.

Well looky here...its Nostradamus! Brew might get fired after next year? Some in the administration don't like him? These are a bold predictions/observations you're making...I'd venture that I've never heard any of this before.

There is a color called grey. Some of us recognize that it exists. We are usually the ones who are capable of noting Brewster's weaknesses while also noting some positives. We also tend to be folks who recognize the long list of reasons why he probably won't make it past next season while hoping that he wins (and thus is able to stay). That's not drinking kool-aid.

He certainly hasn't been a resounding success. But he's back next year and unlike you, I don't feel like writing off another season just because I like being emo.

was a success last year?

Ask the owners of the U Garden, or the Arby's franchise about the failures of last year.

The band should have been marching down University Avenue last year. If you think I am out of the mainstream on this, think again.

The whole thing was bush league, with regards to the outside of the stadium environment relative to the rest of the Big Ten, outside of NU or IU.

flogging-dead-horse.jpg

Should have would have could have. Again, there are shades of gray. Unlike you, I was able to enjoy myself at the games (including the pregame outside the stadium). It wasn't an awe inspiring spectacle, but it wasn't the zombie death march you paint it to be.

I think we can all agree that it would be great if the band was marching down University. They aren't. Stop pretending the world is coming to an end. If you can't enjoy the games without the band on University then I feel for your poor Emo soul.

Well GoUa.. I called all of this about 3 years ago, so

Well looky here...its Nostradamus! Brew might get fired after next year? Some in the administration don't like him. This are a bold predictions/observations you're making...I'd venture that I've never heard any of this before.

I wouldn't get too high on that horse.

Even my detractors will admit that I was against Brewster after I learned that he ignored his roots and did not intall the Mike Shanahan offense that fit the talent the inherited.

Dunbar??? Fisch??? it does not matter

Brewster would have won many more games had he kept Gordie Shaw and installed a Mike Shanahan style "Denver" offense, that fit with the past talent. That offense featured cut blocking, running the ball, and throwing the ball deep often. He would have won 5 to 8 eight games in year one with that approach, not 1.

Who is this Emo you speak of?Emo Philips? I guess

I think we can all agree that it would be great if the band was marching down University. They aren't. Stop pretending the world is coming to an end. If you can't enjoy the games without the band on University then I feel for your poor Emo soul.[/QUOTE]

Emo Philips is more amusing than your pathetic self.

The Iowa HMB does a better pre-game outside the stadum march than our band. That is the truth.

We dropped a big sloppy turd on our U of M traditions last year. That is a fact.

Well looky here...its Nostradamus! Brew might get fired after next year? Some in the administration don't like him. This are a bold predictions/observations you're making...I'd venture that I've never heard any of this before.

Even my detractors will admit that I was against Brewster after I learned that he ignored his roots and did not intall the Mike Shanahan offense that fit the talent the inherited.

Brewster would have won many more games had he kept Gordie Shaw and installed a Mike Shanahan style "Denver" offense, that fit with the past talent. That offense featured cut blocking, running the ball, and throwing the ball deep often. He would have won 5 to 8 eight games in year one with that approach, not 1.

Awesome. You rock. Would like a ribbon? I could have my mom send you some of 1st place ribbons from the Becker County Fair from when I was like 10. I know I'd feel super proud if my predictions of mediocrity (for the team I support) came true...nothing would ever make me feel better than that.

GoAUgopher, it is time to move to Fargo.

Awesome. You rock. Would like a ribbon? I could have my mom send you some of 1st place ribbons from the Becker County Fair from when I was like 10. I know I'd feel super proud if my predictions of mediocrity (for the team I support) came true...nothing would ever make me feel better than that.

You need to get back to your roots and embrace LAKESBISON Fargo delusional thinking.

Or realize that

I am 25 years older than you and way smarter, book it.

PS: Emo isn't a who. You are being emo, i.e. melodramatic and whiny. But you're also acting very goth...Yea, Goth is probably better...you do a fantastic job of seeing negatives everywhere.

Yikes...compared to LakesBison. That stings. I might never recover from this one. Your lack of respect for me cuts deep. Maybe I should start going to Gopher games and hating everything about them. Would you be my friend then?

Sorry, who is this Emo again? You must really be smart

PS: Emo isn't a who. You are being emo, i.e. melodramatic and whiny. But you're also acting very goth...Yea, Goth is probably better...you do a fantastic job of seeing negatives everywhere.

I grew up with Minnesota Football being a joke. There was plausable chance of beating any b10 team any week from 1999 unitl 2006.

Minnesota has reverted to the Wacker era or lower. The Brewster results speak for themselves.

My HS football coaches (who were smart enough to play me both ways at all conf. 5-2 DE and TE) would laugh what passes for coaching at MN.

I have been a season TX holder since 1994 and recall

Yikes...compared to LakesBison. That stings. I might never recover from this one. Your lack of respect for me cuts deep. Maybe I should start going to Gopher games and hating everything about them. Would you be my friend then?

my first game with my dad (who went to the Rose Bow in 1961) in 1975 (Wisconsin, snow), so I'll take my credibility over yours, GAUtundra clown.

Do you understand what i.e. means? If you do then the answer to your question is pretty apparent. Also, you could try the context that the word is being used in. That would make it pretty clear that I'm not comparing you to "an American entertainer and comedian born in the Chicago suburb of Downers Grove...[who's] standup comedy stems from the use of paraprosdokians and garden path sentences spoken in a wandering falsetto tone of voice and a confused, childlike delivery of his material to produce the intended comic timing in a manner invoking the 'wisdom of children' or the idiot savant."

The opinions of your unnamed coaches also carries a lot of weight on this board I think. I would counter that my sister's best friend's grandpa shook Vince Lombardi's hand once and he told me you were full of it, but then I found out you played both ways in HS and that totally changed my mind on the matter.

my first game with my dad (who went to the Rose Bow in 1961) in 1975 (Wisconsin, snow), so I'll take my credibility over yours, GAUtundra clown.

This is getting fun. When did I question your credibility? I certainly questioned your ability to enjoy a game at TCF. If that is what you base your credibility on then I simply don't know what to say.

PS: I bowled a 276 once so I think my credibility is doing ok. It's not playing both ways in HS football, but I think its a pretty sweet accomplishment nonetheless.

Lastly, what in the world does your dad's attendance at the Rose Bowl have to do with anything?

If you had any credibility you lost it with claiming that the Gophers would have won 5-8 games with a different scheme (offensive scheme at that!) in Brewster's first year. That team was embarrassingly short on talent, especially defensively (which you did not address) and no coach/scheme gets 5 wins with that team. When North Dakota State exposes your defenses lack of speed, you don't win 5 games.

As for the larger issue, why should Brewster have installed an offense that he didn't believe in, to fit the current roster of players? A new coach should install whatever offense he believes in and recruit to that style of offense (and the same on defense). It would be idiotic to take over a program and mold an offense to the players who are already on the roster. If there is ever a time to think long term, it is in the first year as a head coach.

Want to blame/rip Brewster for something? How about his lack of conviction? "We're going to be a spread team" then "We're going to pound the rock" " I don't want any fat guys" then (from Tim Davis who Brewster hired) "Mass kicks A.." Who/what does Coach Brewster want to be on the offensive side of the ball?

If you had any credibility you lost it with claiming that the Gophers would have won 5-8 games with a different scheme (offensive scheme at that!) in Brewster's first year. That team was embarrassingly short on talent, especially defensively (which you did not address) and no coach/scheme gets 5 wins with that team. When North Dakota State exposes your defenses lack of speed, you don't win 5 games.

As for the larger issue, why should Brewster have installed an offense that he didn't believe in, to fit the current roster of players? A new coach should install whatever offense he believes in and recruit to that style of offense (and the same on defense). It would be idiotic to take over a program and mold an offense to the players who are already on the roster. If there is ever a time to think long term, it is in the first year as a head coach.

Want to blame/rip Brewster for something? How about his lack of conviction? "We're going to be a spread team" then "We're going to pound the rock" " I don't want any fat guys" then (from Tim Davis who Brewster hired) "Mass kicks A.." Who/what does Coach Brewster want to be on the offensive side of the ball?

Hmmmm...an interesting counter. But all for naught if oak_street turns out to be a Gemini. That combined with his dad's attendance at the 1961 Rose Bowl trumps anything you or I can say.

No Gau. I knew what Emo meant the whole time, but

Do you understand what i.e. means? If you do then the answer to your question is pretty apparent. Also, you could try the context that the word is being used in. That would make it pretty clear that I'm not comparing you to "an American entertainer and comedian born in the Chicago suburb of Downers Grove...[who's] standup comedy stems from the use of paraprosdokians and garden path sentences spoken in a wandering falsetto tone of voice and a confused, childlike delivery of his material to produce the intended comic timing in a manner invoking the 'wisdom of children' or the idiot savant."

The opinions of your unnamed coaches also carries a lot of weight on this board I think. I would counter that my sister's best friend's grandpa shook Vince Lombardi's hand once and he told me you were full of it, but then I found out you played both ways in HS and that totally changed my mind on the matter.

your reaction the "EMO" comment makes me fear for the education provided in the desolate western tundra that formed you.

I do recognize Brewster style, brain dead, moronic coach speak, when I am subjected to it, Jethro.

Nice job with the cutting and pasting, though; maybe you can get one of those high paying internets jobs at some point.

your reaction the "EMO" comment makes me fear for the education provided in the North Dakota like eastern tundra that formed you.

Nice job with the cut and pasting, though; maybe you can get one of those high paying internets jobs at some point.

It was a trap all along? Shoot! Next time I'll make sure to listen to Ackbar's advice...
037.jpg

I already have a high paying internets job thanks. It's why I'm so skilled with teh Google and the fancy pasting shortcut keys. Also, please keep the NoDak cracks coming. I'm kinda hoping the real Lakes might get provoked and then I have 2 crazy jokers to laugh at all in the same thread. Watch out though, I heard he was a Pee Wee football all-star.

Well GoUa.. until then I will assume I know way

I already have a high paying internets job thanks. It's why I'm so skilled with teh Google and the fancy pasting shortcut keys. Also, please keep the NoDak cracks coming. I'm kinda hoping the real Lakes might get provoked and then I have 2 crazy jokers to laugh at all in the same thread. Watch out though, I heard he was a Pee Wee football all-star.[/QUOTE]

more than you do about football.

Good luck up there; to help you, I'd avoid taking the Fargo accent and ignorance elsewhere.

They'll be laughing at

You are so right dontcha know. Uff da, what was I thinking? :cry:

I'd be thrilled if Maturi were canned as I think he's to blame for Brew and in my opinion he's mishandled several other matters (Monson, Mason, Royce White) and I want someone who can fire Brew at the appropriate time (which is if a superior coach can be brought in now, or after one more season with a losing Big Ten record).

This is getting fun. When did I question your credibility? I certainly questioned your ability to enjoy a game at TCF. If that is what you base your credibility on then I simply don't know what to say.

PS: I bowled a 276 once so I think my credibility is doing ok. It's not playing both ways in HS football, but I think its a pretty sweet accomplishment nonetheless.

Lastly, what in the world does your dad's attendance at the Rose Bowl have to do with anything?

I'll question his credibility.

1,251 idiotic posts and counting...

About 15 die hard posters on here will be eating a huge tray of crow

No one will be eating any crow...the ONLY argument I hear from these 'die hards' is that Brewster deserves a chance to show us something. You cannot POSSIBLY know that he will fail at this point...anyone who claims otherwise is simply looking for attention and trying to seem smarter than they are, pinning their name to one of many possible outcomes in the hopes of looking good down the line.

Top Bottom