The Direction College Football Programs are Heading in šŸˆ (Rough Futures: Minnesota)

Not that the tweet has any merit, I could put that list together. But I do think the road ahead will be a challenge, and hopefully the team is up for it.

No, too many brews when that Tweet went out.

With the transfer rules and NIL the gophers are at risk of being a farm team for the top programs, Pj has talked about this at length on the weekly radio show. I donā€™t mind the players getting paid but I sure wish it wasnā€™t just the Wild West. All you need is a monster donor or a big company in your pocket and you can buy a team.

1. Gophers were smart to sign a well-regarded quarterback. That's the first and most important step.

2. And they have a certain amount of other spots to fill.

3. And they have lots of good guys coming back.

It 'ain't' that bad.

Can't argue with where they have us (looking longer term), but there are a number of teams listed above is that are in our same situation or worse.

List like this are so dumb. No one knows the future.

Saban retires
Texas coach is a loose cannon
Michigan coach is loose cannon
tOSU coach is on hot seat

All top teams are one bad hire or step from having issues.

18 teams in one league isn't going to help. Michigan, Washington, Southern Cal, Ohio State, UCLA, Penn State, Oregon are going to be in the top ten, with maybe a team like Wisconsin or Iowa making it now and then, but the roughly second half of the league will be out of it most years. Restoring an East-West with 9 teams each would help a lot, but won't happen soon. Then there is NIL...and the portal.

Beyond the top two levels, it looks very random on the teams chosen!
Not exactly. Thereā€™s a significant bias on the other tiers of assigning bright futures to teams who just hired a new coach. History shows many of these new head coaches will fail and wonā€™t be any better than the boring incumbents (PJF now counts as this nationally) but itā€™s more fun to assume Luke Fickell will make wisconsin into a beast for the purpose of list making

At this point, the most important factor to a program's future is NIL $$ and whomever is negotiating the individual payouts to the players.

College football will be a joke 30 of the top teams will get all the big time recruits more then ever make the nfl pay each school equal amount of money since college football is a minor league system for them

College football will be a joke 30 of the top teams will get all the big time recruits more then ever make the nfl pay each school equal amount of money since college football is a minor league system for them
What language are you speaking?

With the transfer rules and NIL the gophers are at risk of being a farm team for the top programs, Pj has talked about this at length on the weekly radio show. I donā€™t mind the players getting paid but I sure wish it wasnā€™t just the Wild West. All you need is a monster donor or a big company in your pocket and you can buy a team.
Why? Weā€™ve lost 1 guy due to being a feeder for the premier programs and added several lower level players who gavd helped us.

With the transfer rules and NIL the gophers are at risk of being a farm team for the top programs, Pj has talked about this at length on the weekly radio show.

Exactly. Then our fanbase started foaming at the mouth and complaining that PJ "was trying to ignore our results on the field" or something like that.

What are the metrics here?

Or just another case of another piece of shit thrown at the wall on GopherHole to see drum up engagement?

Lists like this are so pointless. There are some teams at the top and a whole bunch of teams in very similar situations below them. We are in the exact same boat as Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern, Purdue..... yet for some reason they are on different tiers.

Top Bottom