The Coloradoan: Root for Minnesota to Keep Winning

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score

CSU mailbag​

How does CSU lock Medved down? (@coloradomtnbkr)

This is one of the hot questions right now, because Medved will clearly be highly sought after.

I think it’s more than salary. Yes, CSU needs to stay competitive with Medved’s pay, but I think other factors play a big role.

Broadly, can CSU prove to Medved it is serious about being a big-time player in college basketball?

That includes (but isn’t limited to): assistant coach pay pool, improving Moby (needs premium seating, concourse and sound updates, etc.), money for recruiting costs (private jet, anyone?), marketing and more.

And, of course, CSU must be a significant player on the NIL market. That requires internal and external support.

If I’m CSU’s leadership, I am putting together a plan/proposal right now to present to Medved of “here’s why you stay and how we’ll turn CSU basketball into a premier program in the West.” Make it hellishly hard for him to walk. Prove to him that CSU is a place he can win at the highest level.

Bold thinking is required. “What we’re doing is working fine” should not be acceptable because this season could be an inflection point for CSU men’s basketball.

(Also, root for Minnesota to keep winning.)

That beating in the " secret" scrimmage with CSU does not look so bad. CSU is 13-1. Ranked #13. CSU has beaten Boston College 86-74, Colorado 88-83, Creighton 69-49, Washington 86-81, and most recently New Mexico 76-68. Only loss to St. Mary's Ca 64-61 back on December 9.

Top Bottom