The Clem...I mean Sid Show - in photos...

i am really only interested in one thing here. who is the smokin' hot blonde in the black sweater and gray scarf in picture 26? :)

appears to be a trophy wife/girlfriend of some sort. either that or she was at the game with her dad! ;)

THANKS for the pics GL - keep them comin with your new cam - much appreciated.

As far as Sid is concerned - I enjoy making fun of the 90 year old as much as the next guy and there is no doubt he cannot get enough of blowing his own horn - but he is definitely not alone in that category - just that he is a lot more successful at it than most.

I was not there last night so hard to have an educated opinion. But, is it possible Sid may have had good intentions? Maybe he thought that if there was any display of negative feelings exhibited toward Clem last night (as was mentioned earlier here) in the way of boos, Sid could possibly take the blame for any booing by being next to Clem? :)

Just a thought for the kind hearted 90 year old - Sid.

Thank you for the pictures GL. It was a really meaningful moment for me as I graduated from high school in 1990 and adored that team and the 88-89 team. They gave me my passion for Gopher sports. It was clearly not a designed tribute to Clem, as he was intentionally in the crowd and was not invited on the floor by the administration. It was about the players and the wonderful moments they gave us. Willie should be a recruiter.

The crowd was up and cheering for the players before Clem entered the picture. Tubby is an example of a great human being and focused on the positive aspects of Clem. I was in a position not to cheer for Clem, but after Tubby's nice introduction and with all of the players desperately wanting to share a moment, and that moment with the coach, the only civilized thing was to give Clem a few claps. He did hurt me terribly, but he was the one that created this huge gopher fan for life and I will cherish memories of him for my lifetime. Those players and Clem brought back a lot of great memories. I was surprised by my emotional reaction to the event.

Sid wasn't very classy, again. But we should give him the benefit of the doubt if he, like Tubby and the players, wanted to share a moment with an old friend and wanted to help make sure that Clem was treated respectfully. I'm not a Sid fan, but he helped create Minnesota sports literally and you can only do that with being a booster. My wife got me Sid's book on Minnesota sports, and it was surprisingly fantastic. Every Minnesota sport fan should read it. I learned more from the book about the early years of Minnesota sports then any other source. Back in the day Sid was amazing. If we had another 50,000 Sids we would be an Ohio State or Michigan.

Thank you for the pictures GL. It was a really meaningful moment for me as I graduated from high school in 1990 and adored that team and the 88-89 team. They gave me my passion for Gopher sports. It was clearly not a designed tribute to Clem, as he was intentionally in the crowd and was not invited on the floor by the administration. It was about the players and the wonderful moments they gave us. Willie should be a recruiter.

The crowd was up and cheering for the players before Clem entered the picture. Tubby is an example of a great human being and focused on the positive aspects of Clem. I was in a position not to cheer for Clem, but after Tubby's nice introduction and with all of the players desperately wanting to share a moment, and that moment with the coach, the only civilized thing was to give Clem a few claps. He did hurt me terribly, but he was the one that created this huge gopher fan for life and I will cherish memories of him for my lifetime. Those players and Clem brought back a lot of great memories. I was surprised by my emotional reaction to the event.

Sid wasn't very classy, again. But we should give him the benefit of the doubt if he, like Tubby and the players, wanted to share a moment with an old friend and wanted to help make sure that Clem was treated respectfully. I'm not a Sid fan, but he helped create Minnesota sports literally and you can only do that with being a booster. My wife got me Sid's book on Minnesota sports, and it was surprisingly fantastic. Every Minnesota sport fan should read it. I learned more from the book about the early years of Minnesota sports then any other source. Back in the day Sid was amazing. If we had another 50,000 Sids we would be an Ohio State or Michigan.

I think this post really puts the event in perspective.

THANKS for the pics GL - keep them comin with your new cam - much appreciated.

As far as Sid is concerned - I enjoy making fun of the 90 year old as much as the next guy and there is no doubt he cannot get enough of blowing his own horn - but he is definitely not alone in that category - just that he is a lot more successful at it than most.

I was not there last night so hard to have an educated opinion. But, is it possible Sid may have had good intentions? Maybe he thought that if there was any display of negative feelings exhibited toward Clem last night (as was mentioned earlier here) in the way of boos, Sid could possibly take the blame for any booing by being next to Clem? :)

Just a thought for the kind hearted 90 year old - Sid.

It seemed pretty clear that Sid wanted Clem on the court. Sid can do a lot of things, but getting Clem on the court from halfway across the arena using only brain waves isn't one of them.

Sid has no idea what the hell is going on. At all times. He can barely hear. He doesn't even get the concept of manners anymore. Its not that he is rude, its that he simply doesn't understand.

Let's all just cherish the hilarious moments he gives us right now before they are gone. The guy was an incredible influence on the Twin Cities and was a legendary sports writer. Now, he is just comedy gold. So lets enjoy that.

I just had to add these Reusse updates that he just tweeted (I think I may be the only one that thinks he's funny, but I think he's hilarious):
am1500_reusse

Talked it over w/ Sid and he assures it wasn't case of imposing himself into Clem's scene last week @ Williams Arena. In fact, Sid humbly suggests that he was hero of evening by convincing Clem to go onto floor.

G I D

Great post !! Thank You for writing it.

:clap::clap::clap:

This is a few days old, heard the start of it in the car and just looked up the podcast. If you can stomach negative Dan Barreiro demanding an apology it's worth a listen.

He starts talking about the gophers at 7:10 with scandal details around 11:30 - http://kfan.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=KFAN_Barreiro.xml

12/30 - Clem Rant/Ponser
Bump opens talking Gopher basketball and the honoring of former coach Clem Haskins... - It's currently listed as the 7th podcast down.

Top Bottom