The bigger concern

That's what I think as well, but as Beeg wrote...who will be the point then? This isn't a good situation.

I agree with both of you, just saying dre would develop better. Who's the pg? Seems as though we keep asking that question doesn't it.

Edit: At this point I think Welch is a better pg than dre.

I agree with both of you, just saying dre would develop better. Who's the pg? Seems as though we keep asking that question doesn't it.

Edit: At this point I think Welch is a better pg than dre.

Welch probably is a better PG than Dre at this point. However, I think we can all see that Welch is more of a scorer, is not very quick and turns the ball over a lot......as a junior.

Dre has the raw ability- quickness and athleticism to develop with. He turns the ball over, but he's a freshman and I at least see hope. I am banking on the fact that he is running Tubby's offense, an offense which almost no one seems to understand. So this may be a reason for an apparent lack of confidence and uncertain play- along with his inexperience.

OP had me even more glum, then, due to the irrational nature a Gopher fan needs, I started looking for a ray of hope. This year's NBA is supposedly loaded. Even I, off the top of my head, can name Barnes, Lamb, Hardaway, Buford, and Kidd-Gilchrist as Rodney-types who will be taken ahead of him and that's not considering big men and point guards. Decided to look at the latest mock draft I could find (done Jan. 4). Rodney wasn't even listed on either the first or second round, while all of the players I mentioned were first round. I realize it's still early and Rodney is certainly the type of player who could explode up the board after they see him in draft camp, but not too sure he's going to go. As a matter of fact, I doubt it.

NBA types have had a chance to evaluate his game thoroughly. He's not some high school kid or freshman they're picking mainly on potential. He's going to need to develop his shooting and ball handling skills a lot more, even though he's looking more comfortable game by game. Hopefully, someone can convince him another year in college can improve his game to the point where he's a lottery pick. The extra money and guaranteed contract might look a lot better than being a second round pick this year which very well might be his niche this year.

There is the case of Trevor as a sober reminder of the risks though. Robbie Hummel wasn't listed either and there's a player I've always admired greatly. Watching him yesterday, you see he's lost a lot though I'd still love to have him. So, who the hell knows? Just saying there's a chance we don't suck next year. (Jeez, it's great being a Gopher fan when that's your day brightener statement.)

Welch probably is a better PG than Dre at this point. However, I think we can all see that Welch is more of a scorer, is not very quick and turns the ball over a lot......as a junior.

Dre has the raw ability- quickness and athleticism to develop with. He turns the ball over, but he's a freshman and I at least see hope. I am banking on the fact that he is running Tubby's offense, an offense which almost no one seems to understand. So this may be a reason for an apparent lack of confidence and uncertain play- along with his inexperience.

I hear Flip Saunders is pretty good at working with PG's-just saying...

My biggest concern is that we're 0-4, and that in all likelihood we're battling football schools Nebraska and Penn State for 10th, 11th and 12th place. Hurts to say (print) it, but it's the brutal truth. If we don't win in Happy Valley on Sunday, I'm trying to find where we can win a road game. ... heck, even a home game.

For the 14th time in 15 seasons, spanning three different coaches, the Gophers will not receive a bye at the B1G Tournament (requiring a top-5 or, now, top-4 finish). That along with our inability to protect the home court (note to Dave Revsine and other B1G analysts: Williams Arena no longer is a difficult place for opponents to win & it hasn't been for a long time) more than anything is a punch to the gut & and a statement of where we're at. Beat IU (as improbable as that seems).

I thougth Tubby was to restore Williams to what it was before Monson? I thought Tubby was to ensure Williams was always full? I thought Tubby was to bring the program back from the Monson days?

My biggest concern is that we're 0-4, and that in all likelihood we're battling football schools Nebraska and Penn State for 10th, 11th and 12th place. Hurts to say (print) it, but it's the brutal truth. If we don't win in Happy Valley on Sunday, I'm trying to find where we can win a road game. ... heck, even a home game.

For the 14th time in 15 seasons, spanning three different coaches, the Gophers will not receive a bye at the B1G Tournament (requiring a top-5 or, now, top-4 finish). That along with our inability to protect the home court (note to Dave Revsine and other B1G analysts: Williams Arena no longer is a difficult place for opponents to win & it hasn't been for a long time) more than anything is a punch to the gut & and a statement of where we're at. Beat IU (as improbable as that seems).

Somehow beat IU, then @PSU and home with NW suddenly look winnable you're looking at 3-4. Not saying it's likely.

I thougth Tubby was to restore Williams to what it was before Monson? I thought Tubby was to ensure Williams was always full? I thought Tubby was to bring the program back from the Monson days?

We get it. You don't like Tubby. You did like Monson. You're become Wren-like here though. Give it a rest.

We get it. You don't like Tubby. You did like Monson. You're become Wren-like here though. Give it a rest.

You obviously dont get it. It is not that I dont like Tubby, so you are simply wrong.

Just pointing out the facts, the reality of the situation. Can YOU come to grips with it?

Appears there are a number of posters that cant come to grips with the situation at hand and be consistent in their approach posting regarding the responsibilities and accountabilities of the coach for the U of MN BB program.

Year 5 Tubby Smith = getting blown out at home by Purdue and losing to Iowa in the first two home conference games.

Year 5 Tubby Smith = 20% less than capacity in the first two home conference games.

You obviously dont get it. It is not that I dont like Tubby, so you are simply wrong.

Just pointing out the facts, the reality of the situation. Can YOU come to grips with it?

Appears there are a number of posters that cant come to grips with the situation at hand and be consistent in their approach posting regarding the responsibilities and accountabilities of the coach for the U of MN BB program.

Year 5 Tubby Smith = getting blown out at home by Purdue and losing to Iowa in the first two home conference games.

Year 5 Tubby Smith = 20% less than capacity in the first two home conference games.

Are you ignoring all of the anti-Tubby comments right now addressing the issues you just laid out? They far out number the few supporters left. How are those supporters any different from what you were at the end of Monson's tenure? What else do you want people to say?

Bingo! Some on the Hole figured out ZTA long ago. For those of us that have, he is not interesting. Instead he is laughable. Nxet.

Top Bottom