"The best team we've had in our time here"

knuckles

Reaction score
Anyone believe that? Can no longer put stock in Claeys judgement if he is still saying this nonsense. This is a 6-6 team playing the softest schedule anyone can remember.

If the Gophers lose to Iowa the subsequent attendance will make the AD's decision a lot easier. Maryland will put 40 on this Minnesota defense. What kind of crowds will show up at 11am in November to see Purdue and Northwestern?

Pretty sure that is with suspended and injured players. I'm willing to let it play out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone believe that? Can no longer put stock in Claeys judgement if he is still saying this nonsense. This is a 6-6 team playing the softest schedule anyone can remember.

If the Gophers lose to Iowa the subsequent attendance will make the AD's decision a lot easier. Maryland will put 40 on this Minnesota defense. What kind of crowds will show up at 11am in November to see Purdue and Northwestern?

I'll be there. But then again, I'm not a native Minnesotan, so being a fan means something completely different to me than apparently it does to you.

26 posts in 7 years and this is what you come out of hiding with?

This is a talented team...What all the TFL's ,it baffles me how many big plays we give up though..

Wasn't the question asked before the season? Who cares what his thoughts were then. You're really nitpicking. Plenty of things to complain about, that isn't one of them in my opinion.

Season's far from over. Game sucked today but lots of season left.

This is a talented team...What all the TFL's ,it baffles me how many big plays we give up though..

TFL is a misleading stat. It means we are stacking the box and being more prone to give up big plays. On several of them, I thought where was the safety help. But then you see Travis attacking and gets a TFL. Double edge sword.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maryland is now a threat, along with Northwestern, Iowa and Illinois. Wisconsin and Nebraska look very formidable on the road. That leaves Purdue and Rutgers.

I see 3-6 conference record. 6-6 overall. We're going bowling!

TFL is a misleading stat. It means we are stacking the box and being more prone to give up big plays. On several of them, I thought where was the safety help. But then you see Travis attacking and gets a TFL. Double edge sword.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think wrong defense play gets called to much since Cleays don't call em anymore... It's something I'd wish he still did..

Maryland is now a threat, along with Northwestern, Iowa and Illinois. Wisconsin and Nebraska look very formidable on the road. That leaves Purdue and Rutgers.

Maryland is a threat? They just destroyed Purdue. To add to impressive wins against Howard, FIU, and UCF. Yeah, they'll be ranked top 5 today. We lost a game we should have won, even with the mistakes that were made. Get over the "this is the end of world" nonsense. Maryland will be exactly what it was Friday. A road game in the Big Ten. Anyone who had any Big Ten game this year written down as a win before we lined up and played the game was fooling themselves. Three weeks ago if someone told you the Hawkeyes would lose to NDSU, Squeak by Rutgers and then lose at home to Northwestern -- Would you have believed it (I didn't say loved the thought of it, I said believed it)?

The great thing about college football is that you never know what tomorrow will bring and there isn't any team on the schedule right now, save Wisconsin, that I don't think we can beat. We have to play a hell of alot better than we did yesterday, but end of the day, two plays define that game -- The breakdown on the 80yrd TD and the INT pass -- those two plays go differently, we're thankful for the win and still talking about what needs to be cleaned up. I guarantee you if we'd played Purdue yesterday we would have torched them as well and based on the over-reactions you would have bought your tickets to Pasadena already.

I may end up being very disappointed in this season (I am disappointed with yesterday's game, btw. I believe we should have won, but remember all too many games where we haven't even been in the game to be disappointed about losing and remember bad losses in good seasons for the Gophers and just about every team and sport I've ever followed) but I am not going to give up on the season after the first loss. We have the Hawkeyes at home and they are very beatable. Win the next one then move forward.

They've lost one game. One game! They didn't look good in the loss, but who ever does?

This is Governor Dayton's handle. Just went off his medication. Needs to go back on.

Pretty sure that is with suspended and injured players. I'm willing to let it play out.

Agree. Eventually Brooks will again be the man, hopefully we get Lingen back. Plus the suspensions at DB are really hurting us right now. We really could have used Dever's speed against a QB who was a step to slippery for the d-linemen we had out there. Not claiming we would have won the west with them, but it is really hurting us.

Given his moniker, something tells me that he has been grinding them for a long time and just couldn't take it anymore. Can't say as I blame him for feeling the way he does. Give him another seven years or so and he'll probably get use to what us old timers already know.

Top Bottom