The Best Player on Each Big Ten Team Entering 2023 (Minnesota Golden Gophers; Nathan Boe)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Marissa:

Minnesota Golden Gophers; Nathan Boe

The Gophers will have loads of new talent starting on offense like a new quarterback in Athan Kaliakmanis, running back in Sean Tyler, and will be starting three new offensive linemen, including at center after John Michael Schmitz has entered the NFL. For that, it will be on Boe to step up and take over the center spot, be the leader, and make sure everything runs smoothly. Boe played 215 snaps last season, and when he did allowed only one pressure that turned into a sack. He has shown promise, but will need to take his game to the next level as a starter.

Go Gophers!!

Per Marissa:

Minnesota Golden Gophers; Nathan Boe

The Gophers will have loads of new talent starting on offense like a new quarterback in Athan Kaliakmanis, running back in Sean Tyler, and will be starting three new offensive linemen, including at center after John Michael Schmitz has entered the NFL. For that, it will be on Boe to step up and take over the center spot, be the leader, and make sure everything runs smoothly. Boe played 215 snaps last season, and when he did allowed only one pressure that turned into a sack. He has shown promise, but will need to take his game to the next level as a starter.

Go Gophers!!
Huh? This is in no way meant as a shot at Boe but there in no way he is our best player. What an odd choice on their part.

I mean I guess they did say the list was star players or stars in the making but Boe is still an odd choice. As Mk laid out above there were a number or choices that would have made more sense.

It is dead time for the football scribes who are paid by the piece to drown us in drivel.

Yes, odd selection, i’m not even sure that he’s top 10. I would put Nubin, Walley, BSF, Jackson, Lindenberg, Ersery, Carroll, CAB & Joyner all above him.
And AK8 and somebody had Henderson our highest rated DB. And one of about four of our running backs is likely to blow up carrying the ball 43 times a game.
Would it be a bad thing if Boe was our best player?
Probably yes, we need some playmakers to step up and dominate....confident we do have some.
Could come from the wide receiver or running backs groups.
BSF will likely be our highest drafted player? So, he has the most street cred to be the guy listed?

Tyler Nubin and BSF are high draft picks. I think Boe will be very good. But the best? Maybe Boe is the second coming of JMS, which, with Carroll and Ersery as well, would bode very well for our OL.

Makes no sense. Based on past performance going into the season I think it has to be Tyler Nubin. I was hearing he might have been a top 100 pick if he had declared for the draft.

Top Bottom