The 2020 Gophers season will be a success if?...

Amongst my friends I'm THE Gopher fan, as I'm sure many people on here are. My friends like the Gophers, watch the Gophers, went to the U, etc but they aren't like me, which is fine. But in these trying times, my wife and I received a ton of messages sending condolences for the season being cancelled, checking on our mental health when Rashod decided to leave, wishing us happy college football days despite no B1G. This question has been asked to me a few times already.
So with that said, for me, I define a successful season this way:

1. The Gophers get to play 8 games
2. The Gophers win more games than they lose
3. The program gets better

I don't really care as much about who they beat. I have full faith that this team can win 7-8-9 games in a shortened season (counting bowl game, CFP, conference title game, etc) but I can see how there may be challenges currently unforeseen. I am extremely excited for the 2020 Gopher team. I think this is our best team in my lifetime, if healthy. This is our best coach in my lifetime. This is the healthiest the athletic department has been (yes, I know about the cuts) in my lifetime.

I'd rather win the fake chair trophy against a B1G West team than a fake bell trophy against a team we rarely play. Only difference is Penn St is actually good right now so that is nice to have.

I'd rather win the fake chair trophy against a B1G West team than a fake bell trophy against a team we rarely play. Only difference is Penn St is actually good right now so that is nice to have.
The chair is an internet meme. It doesn't count, except for charity, which is great. Good purpose for it.

Care for it or don't, the Bell is official, and real. It belongs and has a place in the case. The chair never will, which is good.

The chair is an internet meme. It doesn't count, except for charity, which is great. Good purpose for it.

Care for it or don't, the Bell is official, and real. It belongs and has a place in the case. The chair never will, which is good.

I guess I'm pro-charity, anti-Penn State because that athletic department should be disbanded

There are 5 trophies. In order of importance, for me:
Axe
Pig
Jug
Chair
Bell

For me there will always be 3 trophies: Axe, Pig, Jug

The Chair is a fun little charity deal but doesn't hold a ton of weight as far as a trophy goes

The Bell should have been retired a long time ago. First official Big Ten opponent was a dumb reason to start a rivalry trophy over and the teams just don't care that much about it.

this should/could be another thread- but:

if the Gophers were going to have trophies for every B1G game, what might those other trophies be?

Let's be creative!

this should/could be another thread- but:

if the Gophers were going to have trophies for every B1G game, what might those other trophies be?

Let's be creative!
A Newton's cradle that uses honeycrisp apples instead of balls. Maybe against an engineering school like Illinois or Purdue.

450px-Newtons_cradle_animation_book_2.gif

After last time, I won't trust anything. My pessimism rarely fails me.

So when the world, very occasionally, allows the correct and just thing to happen, I rejoice and savor.

Lol. Defeat hurts less when you learn to stop taking it personally. :)

Top Bottom