'That's the fun part': Big Ten Tournament is high stakes for Gophers

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Nolan:

“Both teams (are) pretty evenly matched,” Johnson said. “It’s good that we split, hopefully that should give our guys confidence that what we’ve done and what we do, you know, in both games really, but especially the one at home has worked, so we don’t have to tweak too much, just get better with the details. But I think it’s a good matchup for us, I do. I think the competitive nature of both teams, should be a fun game. And I think if our guys can approach it with the right urgency, like they did the first two times, (it) puts us in a position to be successful Thursday.”

The Gophers and Spartans split their regular-season matchups, with the U winning at home on Feb. 7 and Michigan State taking their matchup in East Lansing, Mich., 76-66 on Jan. 18. Both teams enter Thursday's matchup coming off losses, and both will have a lot to play for when they take the court Thursday morning.

Go Gophers!!

We will be there! Need an “A” game from all. Stop Malik Hall from easy buckets inside, defend the dribble drive, and get back quick on D to stop MSU’s quick transition. We don’t shoot well, we don’t win. In order to shoot well, we need to score inside, and that is not just Garcia and Payne, but also dribble penetration.

Would love to see them playing Friday morning! You can spot us in Section 124 in Maroon and Gold. Go Gophers!

The fun part for me is watching fans all garbed up in gear from their favorite school trying to navigate the skyway system.

I have already helped some Terps fans find their way to the IDS.

Avenues run one way, streets they run the same.

The fun part for me is watching fans all garbed up in gear from their favorite school trying to navigate the skyway system.

I have already helped some Terps fans find their way to the IDS.

Avenues run one way, streets they run the same.

I hadn't been in the skyway for awhile and then got lost in there a couple of months ago. I still can't figure out where I took a wrong turn.

I hadn't been in the skyway for awhile and then got lost in there a couple of months ago. I still can't figure out where I took a wrong turn.
I do have empathy for your mishap. I would have thought that Google Maps and Phone Apps would have taken care of this issue, but it only seems to have gotten worse.

My theory is they have them on driving versions instead of walking, so they are taking into account unnecessary One Way streets. Also, just a general lack of understanding of East-West/North-South.

The Maryland fans were really messed up. The were actually closer and walking towards to the Zygi Dome rather than IDS.

Last week for the Women's event I helped some Cornhusker fans who in no uncertain terms had unprovoked unkind things to say about Caitlin Clark. On Sunday night I was wondering how their drive home back to Omaha felt.

Funniest was a family of 5 of Nittney Lion fans. 1 kid and both parents were perplexed on their phones all pointing in different directions. When I asked if they needed help, the mother with genuine relief asked for assistance to head them towards the IDS. We were in the Baker Bldg, so it was to our immediate left just across the street.

Their boy, maybe 11-12 years old said, "I TOLD YOU SO MOM!!!!"

Last edited:

Top Bottom