Thanks ABC/ESPN

AF_Howie_2180

Reaction score
Well being we got that great 11am start time next week, the temps will be about 10°, who does that favor if either team? Currently forecast high of mid 20s for Saturday with possible snow showers.

I've always wished for nice weather for home games so it's nice to attend & all....

Next Saturday, I seriously hope it's a miserable as possible.....

Well being we got that great 11am start time next week, the temps will be about 10°, who does that favor if either team? Currently forecast high of mid 20s for Saturday with possible snow showers.

Freezing at 11 AM is a good thing for us against Ohio St. We need to catch them cold and sleeping. My opinion anyway.

Typically one would say that any advantage (however slight) would go to the team that has the better rushing game, which according to the stats favors OSU (second in the Big Ten, conference games only) . However, they have been in a lot of conference blow-outs (scores of 56-17, 52-24, 55-14) so that their rushing stats are likely a bit padded as they would choose to not run the scores up even further.

Weather-wise, my concern is their big front line against our defensive front. In poor weather conditions it is harder to rely on quickness or stunts to offset bigger opponents. They could just get a headful of steam and keep going.

HOLY BURSCH!!!!

When was the last time that we were nationally televised on a local station?

Here's an explanation posted in one of the many "11AM!" threads:
jaymil
user-online.png

<dl class="userstats" style="margin-right: 10px; margin-left: 0px; float: right; width: 150px;"><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">Mar 2013</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left;">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px;">3,834</dd></dl>​

[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
I can't get too upset over this. The Wisconsin/Nebraska game will probably decide the West and Ohio State is likely to be a double digit favorite over us. At least we're still a national ABC game."​

I've always wished for nice weather for home games so it's nice to attend & all....

Next Saturday, I seriously hope it's a miserable as possible.....

Can we get some snow in the forecast please? Preferably a blizzard?

They'll have nice cold shady sideline waiting.

With the new heating coils under the field, will there be any issues for either team?

With the deep snowpack we are going to build up over the next two days, it's going to be really cold Saturday morning. Very well could start of the day below 0 (no joke) with temps rising into the mid teens during the game. Bundle up is an understatement.

With the deep snowpack we are going to build up over the next two days, it's going to be really cold Saturday morning. Very well could start of the day below 0 (no joke) with temps rising into the mid teens during the game. Bundle up is an understatement.

I prefer to hear this sort of advice from a weather guy...

I think the weather comparison would be the Iowa 2010. That was really brutal.

I prefer to hear this sort of advice from a weather guy...

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I am a paid meteorologist.

As for comparing this to Iowa 2010, this will be worse. The high was 28 and low was 10 on 11/27/10. Shave about 10 degrees off and that will be this Saturday.

What was the temp vs Wiscy last year?

High of 19 which probably occurred sometime during the game.

Thanks. So it seems Saturday may be comparable to Wisconsin last year. Not sure that weather gives either team an advantage.

Thanks. So it seems Saturday may be comparable to Wisconsin last year. Not sure that weather gives either team an advantage.

That was a pretty low-scoring game and the opportunities were DEFINITELY there for us. We just didn't take advantage of it. Hopefully this year is different.

extending the season with 2bye s - guarentees a freezing game or two or three or four!

Sounds like it'll be worse. My beer froze at the wis game last year. Good thing we had the schnapps. Thought the distinction of that being the coldest Gopher game at the new stadium would last longer than a year!

Sounds like it'll be worse. My beer froze at the wis game last year. Good thing we had the schnapps. Thought the distinction of that being the coldest Gopher game at the new stadium would last longer than a year!

The kickoff time could make it worse. If the forecast holds we're probably looking at 10 degrees at kickoff at 11am. It was probably around 17 at kickoff last year.

The kickoff time could make it worse. If the forecast holds we're probably looking at 10 degrees at kickoff at 11am. It was probably around 17 at kickoff last year.

The foot warmers made a difference last year. I can't tell you how many layers I was wearing.

You just gotta drink faster!

Brrrrrrr. My buddy is going to be miserable.

I wouldn't complain. We are going to be on national TV when there are not other compelling games to watch so everyone, including all the recruits across the country, will be watching the gophers beat OSU…then we will be really glad we played at 11 a.m. and the rest of the day announcers will be talking about "that amazing Gopher upset". For years everyone will be claiming to have been there in the freezing weather watching the gophers beat OSU….thanks ABC:)

Michigan this year.

Ah yes. Good catch.

Actually you are both incorrect. Those games were split between ABC and a reverse mirror going to other parts of the country on ESPN2. I would have to do some research to find the last time a Minnesota game was on National Television (broadcast to the entire country) exclusively on an over-the-air (non-cable) network.

I wouldn't complain. We are going to be on national TV when there are not other compelling games to watch so everyone, including all the recruits across the country, will be watching the gophers beat OSU…then we will be really glad we played at 11 a.m. and the rest of the day announcers will be talking about "that amazing Gopher upset". For years everyone will be claiming to have been there in the freezing weather watching the gophers beat OSU….thanks CBS:)

CBS? Bro......get your **** together.

5:50 a.m. where I am no coffee yet…thanks

Top Bottom