Texas teams play chippy?

We're Comin'

Reaction score
I finally sat down to watch the game in peace and quiet. Did anyone notice all of the trash talking and after the whistle stuff? Is this the way they play ball in Texas? The bowl game against T Tech and now this game against TCU. Just a bunch of crap attitudes. Hard to watch.

Not sure if I saw this right but did they throw Jones down out of bounds when he got up on the sideline after his long return?

Also noticed Goodger was pretty upset a couple of times due to some chippiness.

Noticed it from the very 1st snap TCU was very chippy and anytime they made a play they made sure they were gonna let the opponent know about it. Refs let it go right away and it just kept getting worse to the point where there was almost a small scuffle after a play in the 2nd half.

You've played some of the little brothers in Texas who feel like they have something to prove or who have a chip on their shoulders. That might explain it a bit. We get the same against us during some of our non conference games with in state or adjacent state foes.

I don't know if its a Texas thing but both TCU and TTU were definitely chippy.

You've played some of the little brothers in Texas who feel like they have something to prove or who have a chip on their shoulders. That might explain it a bit. We get the same against us during some of our non conference games with in state or adjacent state foes.

Puh-lease. Two words: Johnny Manziel.

Aggie and frog, please don't argue on our board. :)

GoFrogs says he is an Aggie, so he won't get the Tech-style beat down I assume you are looking for. :)

Really no arguing this. I'm an Aggie, but Manziel defines the style of play you attribute to others.

edit: smiley face.

There was a scuffle in the first half where I think Tommy Olson pancaked a guy late in the play, and it looks like #54 may have thrown a punch at Olson while he was down.

It would have been nice to shut them up with a strong performance. Even a moderately competent performance would have been nice. The best way to get back at a dirty player with a big mouth is up on the scoreboard.

Also, I don't want to name a name in case I have the wrong player, but one of our guys was strutting around after a tackle with only a couple of minutes left in the game. If there is one thing that looks sillier than gloating when you are beating a team down, it is gloating when you are getting beat down.

Maybe we can learn a thing or two from a state that takes their football seriously and play with a little chip too.

That Texas Tech QB from the 2012 bowl game was one of the biggest ******bags I've seen the Gophers play. Just jawed constantly.

It would have been nice to shut them up with a strong performance. Even a moderately competent performance would have been nice. The best way to get back at a dirty player with a big mouth is up on the scoreboard.

Also, I don't want to name a name in case I have the wrong player, but one of our guys was strutting around after a tackle with only a couple of minutes left in the game. If there is one thing that looks sillier than gloating when you are beating a team down, it is gloating when you are getting beat down.

Woah. Chippy, not dirty. There's a big difference.

And it was your DB #7, Travis. (Which I didn't mind, by the way, but noticed because as you said, it stood out under the circumstances).

Woah. Chippy, not dirty. There's a big difference.

And it was your DB #7, Travis. (Which I didn't mind, by the way, but noticed because as you said, it stood out under the circumstances).

I recognize the difference. I was making a more general statement about dealing with dirty or chippy players. Nothing your guys did stuck out to me as dirty, and I apologize if that was the impression you got.

Top Bottom