Texas QB just pulled a "Weber"

bankonit

Banned
Reaction score
I thought I was watching Adam Weber pass that shuffle pass.

Mack Brown was asking for it, calling that timeout and actually thinking he's going to get some points with 15 seconds left and your backup QB in. I feel bad for the kid though, poor guy has hardly played a snap of college FB in his life and now he's on the biggest stage against the best team.

Except that the Texas QB is a freshman, has thrown for like 124yds all year, and was shoved onto the biggest stage in his life against a great team.

Weber did it against SDSU.

I was gonna say the Texas OC pulled a 'Fisch' calling that play. Shovel pass right before half, inside your own 20, what could possibly go wrong?

dude had a TD dropped

Otherwise its 17-13 and a game.

Man that game got pathetic in a hurry. Time to go do something more productive with the evening.

Only reason I was cheering for 'Bama anyways was because they got Tebow to cry on national television.

Maybe Mack should have given this kid more snaps earlier in the season...look at their schedule it was cream puff city

Maybe Mack should have given this kid more snaps earlier in the season...look at their schedule it was cream puff city

He should have given him 3 snaps a game and only let him run it or hand off. Then line him up at receiver.

That was one of THE dumbest play calls I've ever seen. I was just baffled that Texas would run THAT play after a time out. The best they could hope for was to set up a Hail Mary pass to end the half, while the worst they could hope for was - well, you saw it. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

It was a shovel pass that the running back should have caught but somehow you people manage to blame the qb for it. No wonder our fan base is what it is...

That was one of THE dumbest play calls I've ever seen. I was just baffled that Texas would run THAT play after a time out. The best they could hope for was to set up a Hail Mary pass to end the half, while the worst they could hope for was - well, you saw it. STUPID STUPID STUPID.

You obviously aren't familiar with Greg Davis. That play killed us. And the terrible thing is that Greg "Predictable as the Sun" Davis has run that EXACT same play in the EXACT same situation prior to halftime, numerous times THIS season. He is a joke. Texas' talent hides his deficiencies.

There needs to be a playoff system. Alabama and Texas were the two best teams in the nation? I don't believe it.

SouthMetro

That TX offense with the FR QB looked just like the 2009 Gopher- Hike the ball, scarmble and make a bad pass/slow handoff.

The shovel pass debacle wasn't the QB's fault.

However, McCoy's injury perfectly illustrates what an ineffective QB can do to an otherwise high-powered offense.

In all honesty

That play was the Running backs fault, you have to catch that. And for a freshman QB getting tossed into his first start in a National Title game, The kid did pretty good once he calmed down. He threw some bad passes and a bad pick, but the fumble near the end was not his fault, he got drilled and never saw it coming. I was impressed with his effort.

MBA, perfect analysis. If texas can't move with a sub par QB. Maybe our offense isn't as bad as people think!!!! QB play is the key. Ask the Purple.

Top Bottom