Texas A&M set to part ways with Jimbo Fisher “as early as today,” Would be owed $70-80MM

Dan Mullen has more things in his resume that give me hope he could be successful at Mn than jimbo does. Jimbo hasn’t coached at a non Blue Chip school since the Clinton administration
Agree. I saw Dak play in college a few times and he was good, but not really a standout. There is a reason he was drafted in the 4th round.

Urban to aTm?
I guess if you got money to throw away...

Urban gave no fucks at Jacksonville, didn't even know opposing star players names ... hired Chris Doyle and pissed off his own players ... inexplicably dressed down his own assistants that he hired as "losers" ...

I feel like anyone hiring Urban now is hiring a dude who doesn't care anymore. Hell even URBAN has said he doesn't have it in him. Normally folks would say "oh he's just playing hard to get" except that he has already demonstrated that he doesn't have it in him...

Agree. I saw Dak play in college a few times and he was good, but not really a standout. There is a reason he was drafted in the 4th round.
Dak was a stand out in college. He was drafted in the 4th round because he's only 6'2", was seen as more of a runner and there were some questions about arm strength. He wasn't a prototypical QB.

The guy was first team All SEC two seasons.
He is in the top 5 in the history of the SEC in yards and touchdowns and holds just about every single record at Mississippi State.

I guess if you got money to throw away...

Urban gave no fucks at Jacksonville, didn't even know opposing star players names ... hired Chris Doyle and pissed off his own players ... inexplicably dressed down his own assistants that he hired as "losers" ...

I feel like anyone hiring Urban now is hiring a dude who doesn't care anymore. Hell even URBAN has said he doesn't have it in him. Normally folks would say "oh he's just playing hard to get" except that he has already demonstrated that he doesn't have it in him...
I don't totally disagree, but I do thing there's a huge difference in coaching pros vs. college. Lot of good college coaches didn't work in the NFL. Holtz, Sabin, Petrino, and Urban.

I don't totally disagree, but I do thing there's a huge difference in coaching pros vs. college. Lot of good college coaches didn't work in the NFL. Holtz, Sabin, Petrino, and Urban.
There is... but generally college is thought to be a more work intensive job considering the recruiting and so on. That's even worse for a guy who couldn't be bothered to do the thing in his last job.

Jimbo is a horribly overrated head coach. He only won at FSU because of Winston. He’s the equivalent of Dan Mullen, who only won at Mississippi State because of Dak Prescott. He’s had resources available at Texas A&M that 99% of programs dream about and he couldn’t win. No thank you.
Dan was not that bad at State. With the lack of resources and the location of Starkville, MS, he went as far as he could there, stayed 10 years.

He is a guy that has a known higher upside than fleck
Fleck took Minnesota to a top ten finish with bunch of 3-star recruits and took WMU to a Cotton Bowl. Jimbo just got fired from a program with unlimited resources. I’m not sure that I buy that Jimbo has higher upside.

Fleck took Minnesota to a top ten finish with bunch of 3-star recruits and took WMU to a Cotton Bowl. Jimbo just got fired from a program with unlimited resources. I’m not sure that I buy that Jimbo has higher upside.
Jimbo has won a national title

I don’t think he would have at Minnesota though. If im a program like Mn I wouldn’t touch him with a 100 foot pole

He hasn’t worked at a school that doesn’t pay players since 1999
I could see how a blueboood may prefer him over fleck though.

I think you and I are in 100% agreement

Good grief, he has a Natty. As a head coach his teams have been ranked top 25 10 of 14 years.

Because he had unlimited resources and stunk at A&M. But you continue to love the idea of hiring failed retreads who keep failing.

No doubt. I don't get the love for Jimbo. The racket he had going in Tallahassee, it would have been hard not to win; the money and the Tallahassee PD looking the other way with all of the athlete missteps and the local recruiting advantage.... It wouldn't have been hard to predict Jimbo to have trouble winning at College Station.

Good grief, he has a Natty. As a head coach his teams have been ranked top 25 10 of 14 years.
At Florida State with Jamies Winston as his QB. Minnesota won 11 games with a guy that can’t hold a practice squad spot at QB and two third-string NFL receivers as his star players. I would stack PJ’s success up against just about anyone in the country. He has done a lot with no help.

Because he had unlimited resources and stunk at A&M. But you continue to love the idea of hiring failed retreads who keep failing.
Bingo. Jimbo jumped into a conference that put him miles under water. he would do the same here.

Good Lord. What was A&M thinking. For Jimbo Fisher? LMAO

For the Coup de Grâce A&M and other schools churning coaches ought to sell off future revenue streams to private equity.

Fun with sports arithmetic:

Fisher’s $77 million buyout, over eight years, gives him an average of $9,625,000 per year. Yes, he’ll be paid more than $26,000 PER DAY to NOT coach Texas A&M.

I’ve spent 62 years not coaching football at A&M. I’ve won as many championships there as he has. By my calculations, they owe me $596,750,000.

Last edited:

Top Bottom