Tennessee sends 102 letters in the mail to same recruit in one day

BleedGopher

Reaction score
"When I went to open it, it would not budge," Truitt said. "I pulled it down, and then some of the letters were hanging out, but they were all tied together by a rubber band.

"I was thinking there was no way these came from the same school," he said. "But I kept pulling on them and I thought the mailbox was going to break, but when I got them out I found out that all 102 of them were from Tennessee! It was crazy."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...rded-102-letters-mailbox-tennessee-volunteers

Go Gophers!!

They either really want this kid or don't trust his short term memory.

"It was shocking and it shows me that they think highly of me and really love me," Truitt said. "It makes me feel important to them and makes me want to work harder and keep doing what I have been doing."

Quotes like this just compound the problem because you can bet there is another school on Truitt's list that is in the process of getting 103 letters ready to mail. And how do the other Tennessee recruits that didn't get 102 letters feel. Think of how much of the recruiting budget gets wasted on postage alone trying to convice 18 year olds you "love" them by flooding their mailbox. And the fact that these recruits believe it or fall for it is even more disappointing.

102 letters on the same day wouldn't make me feel wanted, more like stalked. I'd feel a bit stalked once you got past one or two per day. Do the letters say "I won't be ignored!" Or are they made from letters cut out from magazines?

102 letters on the same day wouldn't make me feel wanted, more like stalked. I'd feel a bit stalked once you got past one or two per day. Do the letters say "I won't be ignored!" Or are they made from letters cut out from magazines?

Exactly. If it had been me, I'd cross Tennessee off my list immediately.

They sure are impressed by little things. Do they know how easy it is to change the print count from 1 to 102 when you hit file and print? Find an intern to stuff them and 10 minutes later, they're out the door.

They sure are impressed by little things. Do they know how easy it is to change the print count from 1 to 102 when you hit file and print? Find an intern to stuff them and 10 minutes later, they're out the door.

Per you comment, I would say it is about as easy to do as it is to impress a recruit.

The article says each letter was different though. It would be funny as hell if they sent the same letter 102 times.

This happens like every year... Yet never for the U.

I don't pay my electric bill until I have received 102 notices of late payment. It makes me feel important that they care so much for me.

I wish recruits would realize that getting sent 102 letters is a cheap trick and nothing more. I would be insulted if someone tried that on me, but then again, I used to be in sales.

Good point. I think most people would run the other way if someone was that desperate to win them over.

The article says each letter was different though. It would be funny as hell if they sent the same letter 102 times.

Maybe put one word on every letter so you have to open them in sequence to figure out what the coach is trying to say.

I was dating a girl once, and didn't know whether or not to continue dating her, and then one day I just didn't feel like answering her when she called me. So she called me again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and so on. After not answering the first call, I hesitated with the 2nd and 3rd calls, but by the time the 4th call came, I made up my mind that I was NOT going to answer her. That first call came around 10 am and by the time I did call her back at 9 pm, after she had called and left me 30-40 messages, I had basically made up my mind that it was not, EVER going to happen. One of the things I said to her when I did call her, was that I thought she was a nice person, and I wished her the best in the future, and so she might want to consider that it I did NOT like getting over 30 calls from her in the same day. I gave her credit as she never called me more than 2 or 3 times a day after that, which was still almost too many since I had basically told her it wasn't going to happen. But at least it seemed she got the message?

I don't know what happened to her since, and I've seen her around like 3 or 4 times since and did everything possible to avoid talking to her or even letting her see me. I mean, I don't mind a woman chasing after me, but wow, obsessive stalkers should scare people, even when its a big time college football program, you'd think?!

I was dating a girl once, and didn't know whether or not to continue dating her, and then one day I just didn't feel like answering her when she called me. So she called me again, and again, and again, and again, and again and again, and again, and so on. After not answering the first call, I hesitated with the 2nd and 3rd calls, but by the time the 4th call came, I made up my mind that I was NOT going to answer her. That first call came around 10 am and by the time I did call her back at 9 pm, after she had called and left me 30-40 messages, I had basically made up my mind that it was not, EVER going to happen. One of the things I said to her when I did call her, was that I thought she was a nice person, and I wished her the best in the future, and so she might want to consider that it I did NOT like getting over 30 calls from her in the same day. I gave her credit as she never called me more than 2 or 3 times a day after that, which was still almost too many since I had basically told her it wasn't going to happen. But at least it seemed she got the message?

I don't know what happened to her since, and I've seen her around like 3 or 4 times since and did everything possible to avoid talking to her or even letting her see me. I mean, I don't mind a woman chasing after me, but wow, obsessive stalkers should scare people, even when its a big time college football program, you'd think?!

Did you disguise your voice when you called yourself that many times?

FWIW, the Eric Ainge radio show here in Knoxville is also urging Tennessee fans to interact with recruits on Twitter as part of their daily routine.

For example, "Good morning @BlueChipRecruit, notice the sun came out shining orange again today? It's a sign. Go Vols!"

Pretty sad IMO, but the fan base here is crazy and dedicated enough for this to possibly make waves.

FWIW, the Eric Ainge radio show here in Knoxville is also urging Tennessee fans to interact with recruits on Twitter as part of their daily routine.

For example, "Good morning @BlueChipRecruit, notice the sun came out shining orange again today? It's a sign. Go Vols!"

Pretty sad IMO, but the fan base here is crazy and dedicated enough for this to possibly make waves.

A Volunteer alum encouraging Volunteer fans to thoroughly and frequently violate NCAA regulations. Brilliant!

Shortest post yet...but I still stopped reading after I read the first sentence (which I did not believe).

Top Bottom