Temple NOT going to a bowl game?

gophergrad

Reaction score
I am not saying this relates to the Gophers.

owlscoop is reporting that temple is not going to a bowl game. I'm not on rivals so I don't know why, but they went 8 - 4 this year so they are bowl eligible.

Again I'm not going to connect the dots that brings Golden here, making Temple decide not to go to a bowl game...but oh wait, I just did. WILD INTERNET RUMORS!

They're eligible - but the MAC only has four bowl tie-ins. Temple finished fourth in the MAC this year. The fourth bowl tie-in is with the Military Bowl, which gets 8th choice from the ACC OR a MAC team, should the ACC not have 8 available teams. The ACC has nine bowl-eligible teams this year.

So, basically, Temple is eligible but there were no guarantees they'd go to one, given the structure.

from @templeupdate several players confirming the temple will NOT play in a bowl game this season.

They were supposed to play in a bowl game right?

They're eligible - but the MAC only has four bowl tie-ins. Temple finished fourth in the MAC this year. The fourth bowl tie-in is with the Military Bowl, which gets 8th choice from the ACC. The ACC has nine bowl-eligible teams this year.

So, basically, Temple is eligible but there were no guarantees they'd go to one, given the structure.

Thanks for the clarification. That sucks for them.

Middle Tennessee upsetting FIU last night means the Sun Belt will fill its backup slot (to Big Ten #8) in the Motor City Bowl, giving us 72 eligible teams for 70 slots. 6-6 Western Michigan was believed to be the lone eligible team without a bowl destination, but now another MAC team will not be playing, and it sounds like that team is Temple.

Top Bottom